Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At last ... my invite to the "British 'Premiere' of the new Audi R8" arrived this morning ... so much for our wonderful postal system!

I know I'm not the only member here who has an invite ... at least two other users had their invites at the end of last week.

So, who has had an invite and ... more importantly ... who will be going :confused:

Maybe we'll get chance to meet up and have one of the first 'site meets' of site users in the presence of an R8 ... albeit one that none of us actually own!

I'll start the list going ... just hit quote, delete everything above the list and delete the tag that closes the quote.

British R8 Premiere attendees:
Paul (invited and going to attend, with guest)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I will also be attending the London premier, did you know that their is one in Manchester on the 22nd as well?

Also for the record I had ordered my R8 back in June 2004, just confirmed & paid deposit on my order for a V10 as well.

Trying to persuade my dealer to arranage a factory visit to finalise spec etc.

At last ... my invite to the "British 'Premiere' of the new Audi R8" arrived this morning ... so much for our wonderful postal system!

I know I'm not the only member here who has an invite ... at least two other users had their invites at the end of last week.

So, who has had an invite and ... more importantly ... who will be going :confused:

Maybe we'll get chance to meet up and have one of the first 'site meets' of site users in the presence of an R8 ... albeit one that none of us actually own!

I'll start the list going ... just hit quote, delete everything above the list and delete the tag that closes the quote.

British R8 Premiere attendees:
Paul (invited and going to attend, with guest)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will also be attending the London premier, did you know that their is one in Manchester on the 22nd as well?
Seems odd that they are calling the one on the 26th the British Premier then ... :confused:
Also for the record I had ordered my R8 back in June 2004, just confirmed & paid deposit on my order for a V10 as well.
So are you going to get the V8 first ... then getting the V10 as well ... or getting the V10 to replace the V8 ... I doubt you be giving up the V8 and waiting for the V10 ... :confused:
Trying to persuade my dealer to arranage a factory visit to finalise spec etc.
Mmmm that's an excellent idea ... I think I'll give mine a call tomorrow ... thanks.

I like the username ... you haven't already purchased the corresponding number plate by chance ... :confused: ... if you have ... :cool: ... nice move!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have given my dealer a push about the premiere and hope it'll work out... so maybe I'll be there to say 'hi' to you guys

I also mentioned about going to the factory to choose the options (that's what you do for an Aston Martin - which I had previously been considering).

Seeya
James

·
Registered
617 Posts
Seems odd that they are calling the one on the 26th the British Premier then ... :confused:

I think it is because Northern Folk can only get the Sunday off and the 29th was already booked !!!!!!!!!!!! In truth, no idea but they do get Lemar to sing for their diner. Nice twist Lemans >>> Lemar ???

So are you going to get the V8 first ... then getting the V10 as well ... or getting the V10 to replace the V8 ... I doubt you be giving up the V8 and waiting for the V10 ... :confused:

I will initially take the V8 as it will be the first in the country according to my contacts. The V10 will be the upgrade as and when - possibly a convertible, in discussions so we will have to wait and see.

Mmmm that's an excellent idea ... I think I'll give mine a call tomorrow ... thanks.

We should all put this question to our dealers as making choices without seeing anything will be very difficult. Besides a trip to the factory will be very good PR for Audi UK given that we are the biggest market for TT and potentially R8's.

I like the username ... you haven't already purchased the corresponding number plate by chance ... :confused: ... if you have ... :cool: ... nice

I have a few options here, you will have to wait nearer the time and all will be unvailed as they say.

Cheers L3MAN

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paid my deposit, on the dealers list and been invited to the London launch on the 26th (hopefully going):D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paid my deposit, on the dealers list and been invited to the London launch on the 26th (hopefully going):D
Welcome to the club ... as it were.

Spoke to the people where the RSVPs went ... the London tickets proper should be with us on Monday / Tuesday ... I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the club ... as it were.

Spoke to the people where the RSVPs went ... the London tickets proper should be with us on Monday / Tuesday ... I can hardly wait!
i was wondering when those would be coming, ohhh less than a week now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you guys got any idea what the format is for the evening? I went to see the car in Paris, so don't want to cancel my plans for Thurs unless there is going to be something interesting going on - like a talk from someone involved in developing the car or something?

Plus my dealer has been not exactly pro-active about mentioning this to me, and still claims to not really have any idea what's going on....

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you guys got any idea what the format is for the evening? I went to see the car in Paris, so don't want to cancel my plans for Thurs unless there is going to be something interesting going on - like a talk from someone involved in developing the car or something?

Plus my dealer has been not exactly pro-active about mentioning this to me, and still claims to not really have any idea what's going on....
Not sure what the format will be ... or what the evening will include ... apart from a song, or two, from Beverly Knight ... and quite likely a static phantom black R8 with non UK standard 18" alloys ... and a left hand drive one at that ... :(

My dealer seems to know very little about what the event will entail ... maybe there is a user here who has been to the Manchester event that was on last night ... according to an Audi UK guy in Milton Keynes I spoke to on Friday ... although I thought I saw somewhere that the Manchester event was due to take place this evening ... :confused:

Hopefully there will be some clues when the actual tickets ... made from, or looking like they're made from, Aliminium ... arrive tomorrow, or Tuesday, morning!

I will be calling my dealer on Monday to find out if they have any brochures, price lists, options details, or knowledge as to when such information will be with them ... the closer it gets to the end of October (which is when this stuff should be in the showrooms) the more impatient I seem to be getting ... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tuesday and still NO tickets:(

Anybody got there tickets for London yet?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tuesday and still NO tickets:(

Anybody got there tickets for London yet?
Yep ... got mine this morning ... you can see what they look like ... here ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep ... got mine this morning ... you can see what they look like ... here ;)
Talk about rub it in, great info though

Is there on site parking?

Mine best turn up tomorrow :mad:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Talk about rub it in, great info though

Mine best turn up tomorrow :mad:
Couldn't resist a cheeky post ... I've sent you a phone number by PM ... give the R8 Premiere Team a call.

I'm sure they'll turn up tomorrow ... if not they'll surely arrive on Thursday ... I hope ... ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Forgot to answer your parking question ... there seems to be a car park just oppostire the event venue ... I'll be trying to get there early ... but need to make sure the car park doesn;t close before the event finishes!

Went to an event a long time ago ... nothing as smart as this ... finally left the venue ... before midnight I add ... and low and behold the car park closed all its barriers at 10:00pm ... ARGH! ... I had to wait two hours and pay a £50 fee to get my car out ... :mad:

So ... I don't want to be making the same kind of mistake again ... however, it might be tricky finding out if the car park is open 24hours a day ... or if it is secured overnight.

Best get on the phone me thinks!

If I get any info about parking ... I'll pass iton in here ... or the ticket thread.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
... ... ...
... ... ...
I've been speaking with a lady on the R8 Premiere Team and she has told me that the car park opposite the venue is open 24hours a day ... :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been speaking with a lady on the R8 Premiere Team and she has told me that the car park opposite the venue is open 24hours a day ... :D
Thanks again Paul, thats good news all I need now are my tickets :D

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again Paul, thats good news all I need know are my tickets :D
No worries ...
I'm sure you tickets will arrive in time ...
Although it seems like I'm the only person on here ... who has had their tickets for Thursday!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts