Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Have always admired the R8, but never owned one. Have owned so many other Audi’s and other supercars and thought why not.

Was at my dealer getting the first service on my 991.2 GT3 manual and this 2020 R8 was there and couldn’t resist. Our went the GT3.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Congrats and welcome to R8 ownership.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the positive replies. Now waiting for the car to get back from the wrap so I can decide on winter wheels and an exhaust.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!!! Looking forward to some driving impressions compared to the other cars in that sweet garage.
I have been very impressed with the limited amount of seat time. My wife says its her favorite car to drive, lol.

Which one of your cars is your favorite?
It’s the 454 SS Chevelle, all original. Only because it was a sentimental purchase. My father had a Malibu when I was younger and all he would say is that he wish he could afford ”that fast Chevelle”. We didn’t have much money when I was growing up.

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's one sick car collection. Must say 2020 in black I think is the best color. It hides a lot of the refresh things I don't like on them versus the 2016-2018 R8 models. One of these days I'll buy a Mac, how do you like yours? I can't tell if it's a 650S or a 675LT but I'm guessing it's the 675LT from what I can see. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was saying how this looks like fastmd’s stable from TRF. Congratz
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, same fastmd from Rennlist. After spending a day at the track with the new 992, the new 992 GT3/RS are going to be incredible so I decided to move the GT3.2 manual and keep the GT3 RS and GT2 RS.

That's one sick car collection. Must say 2020 in black I think is the best color. It hides a lot of the refresh things I don't like on them versus the 2016-2018 R8 models. One of these days I'll buy a Mac, how do you like yours? I can't tell if it's a 650S or a 675LT but I'm guessing it's the 675LT from what I can see. :)
It's a 675LT spider in Voodoo Blue (Porsche's color). I have had 4 Mclarens and I absolutely love them. Never had any of the problems of the internet forum world.

My 675LT is tuned and worked, it's mental.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I completely understand. My first car when I was 15 was a 69 Camaro. I bought it with my own money I had saved. It was black with white racing stripes. I kept it until I was 35 yrs old. Wish I had 20/20 hindsight back then !

I have been very impressed with the limited amount of seat time. My wife says its her favorite car to drive, lol.

It’s the 454 SS Chevelle, all original. Only because it was a sentimental purchase. My father had a Malibu when I was younger and all he would say is that he wish he could afford ”that fast Chevelle”. We didn’t have much money when I was growing up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I completely understand. My first car when I was 15 was a 69 Camaro. I bought it with my own money I had saved. It was black with white racing stripes. I kept it until I was 35 yrs old. Wish I had 20/20 hindsight back then !
Yeah I still own the first car I bought with my own money. 1979 Porsche 928, drove it all through medical school and residency. It sure was fun driving it in the snow at 4am, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I still own the first car I bought with my own money. 1979 Porsche 928, drove it all through medical school and residency. It sure was fun driving it in the snow at 4am, lol.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts