Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the Brussels Motor Show yesterday and will show you some pictures how the next R8 could look....
The car was presented in the autonomous mode but when touching a switch a streering wheel and pedals will pop up so it becomes a car that you can drive yourself.

Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
544 Posts
I was thinking that with EV supercars, why not continue the trend of showing the motor? Sure it’s an electric motor and it makes no sound, but it would be nice to be able to see the powertrain like you can with ICE R8’s, Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, etc

· Premium Member
1,594 Posts
This is NOT a potential car for either the R8 or TT - it is strictly a concept of a future flexible EV between 'driveable' and autonomous... The PB18 is a more likely R8 concept for its EV derivative and for the TT, a new Cayman-EV-based platform derivative ...

Reactions: Trev450

· Registered
847 Posts
Not what you want to follow on from the heritage of the R8. :cry:

Reactions: Trev450

· Registered
2020 performance coupe Mythos black
745 Posts
Can’t unsee that.
Guy that designed that should be executed publicly in the town square. Wheels look they were done buy a guy with a white cane and a crack pipe.

Reactions: V10MANUAL

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Makes me sad to think about getting into my car and not driving it. I really enjoy thinking through my drive and how I'm going to hit the corners and weather, conditions etc. I don't want a computer doing that for me.

· Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
417 Posts
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC!

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I did see something about this in an e-mail from Audi yesterday, I think.

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the looks... but I also doubt this one is intended to transition to anything in the production world.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts