Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst at my dealer recently I saw an R8 with the bucket seats and have to say they look the dogs danglies!!!

Now I admit I've only had my used R8 for 5 weeks but I'm already thinking how lovely it would be to have a brand spanking new one that no one else has driven. I'd go for Sepang Blue with carbon sideblades and engine bay as I think that combo is perfect. A bit like this http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1264401.htm :)

So the big question, if I did do this, is what seat type? I love the look of the buckets but has anyone got them as I'm keen to know the comfort levels after long drives?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Its my car! :eek: Not really but same outside, apart from them not being high gloss wheels i think. Bucket seats are discusting :confused:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Knee bags, yes , these would eliminate side bags?? This color rules !!!!!!!!! :):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the site and not posted as I don't pick up my car until saturday its an 08 in white with silver blades.

But I do and have had for over 2 years an RS4 which has the same seats, they are great when you are in the car but a real pain in the rear to get into the car and with the low roofline of the R8 I guess even less fun, but brilliant once in.

I found the side bolsters wore very badly and I stuggled with Audi to get the drivers seat changed, seems they don't guarantee interior trim from wear but Stanstead Audi paid for a replacement which was nice.

Would I have them again.............no.........to hard to live with but they look and work great.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Knee bags, yes , these would eliminate side bags?? This color rules !!!!!!!!! :):)
Jet or Sepang? What's with the knee bags? I need to read up more. :)

On a sidenote - just took the car to the shops to get some food (it's my only car) and I cannot believe how uplifting that little drive was. This is such a special machine!!!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Whilst at my dealer recently I saw an R8 with the bucket seats and have to say they look the dogs danglies!!!

Now I admit I've only had my used R8 for 5 weeks but I'm already thinking how lovely it would be to have a brand spanking new one that no one else has driven. I'd go for Sepang Blue with carbon sideblades and engine bay as I think that combo is perfect. A bit like this http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1264401.htm :)

So the big question, if I did do this, is what seat type? I love the look of the buckets but has anyone got them as I'm keen to know the comfort levels after long drives?
I bet they are significantly lighter without all the woosy airbags and electric motors, and I love the look but I am too fat for them to be comfortable.....

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Love that color, probably my next car..

·
Registered
155 Posts
They are a MUST have option makes the driving experience much better. I have a TT as well which has the same seats as the R8 its just not the same...

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
They are a MUST have option makes the driving experience much better. I have a TT as well which has the same seats as the R8 its just not the same...
one more thing, like the ceramic brakes, that we in the US can look at but can't have! guess maybe that's the trade off for our low prices?:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts