Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as an FYI I think the best extra I ordered (ex the mag ride) is the bucket seats. Not only do they make the car feel special they are also much more supportive and make driving fast a real pleasure, they are orders of magnitude better then the normal seats which I have in my TT.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just as an FYI I think the best extra I ordered (ex the mag ride) is the bucket seats. Not only do they make the car feel special they are also much more supportive and make driving fast a real pleasure, they are orders of magnitude better then the normal seats which I have in my TT.
I love the look f those seat, but I think they are not avail. for the US market, is this correct?

·
Registered
485 Posts
It looks like they are available direct from Recaro (worldwide?). I don't know if Recaro distributors are offering discounts but...

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2640&region=3&L=2
thx, I asked my Audi rep. they said they will not installed them. They are really sharp compare to the stock seat.. $13K.... $13K.... that is quite a few bucks for just the seats. Wonder if anyone in the US has one out in.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I asked my Audi rep. they said they will not installed them.

The USA Audi refusal to install them has to do with the necessity to disarm the side airbags that are not compatible with these much better seats.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Looks like the Recaro buckets are coming to the US, with airbag problem solved apparently. At least for the RS4 & 5. See this article from Fourtitude, which I previously posted in connection with the possiblilty of an upgraded 4.2 v8 for the R8 (since it likely will share engines with the RS 4 & 5). Seems like the bucket upgrade could now be offered in the R8 as well.
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_4182.shtml

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes its expensive but worth it. not only does it looks/feels great i really think it chanhes the driving experience. The TT seats feel like a sofa with no support vs the buckets...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree; they look the business, and no doubt do their job fantastically!
However; if you have more than a 38" waistline.... forget it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts