Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Am eagerly waiting for my Phantom Black R8 and have been told by Audi UK that completion of my animal is end of week 19 i.e. this Friday !!

Having waited 16 months already - I can't wait a moment longer !!

For those in the UK and who have already recieved their R8, how long did you have to wait from the completion of build to your Audi dealer recieving the car and you picking it up?

Thanks,

:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a similar wait to yourself.

From car being completed in the factory to me taking delivery in the UK was 10 days but I guess its probably dependant to ships etc.

From commencement of production of the car to delivery was about 3-4 weeks IIRC

Hope this is of some use, relax it won't be long now and it is DEFINATELY worth the wait :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just been told by my dealer that I cannot change the specification from manual to R tronic because the order is confirmed by germany.The car is not due till november/december.I was given to understand that you could change the specification prior to delivery as long as you gave three months notice before the car was due.Any body out there any been caught.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Think your dealer is wrong, unless policy has changed recently I changed my order completely - colour, extras etc at beginning of November for car that was built in January and delivered early Feb. Got a letter from Audi asking to confirm order spec in October for Q1 build, and that's when I made contact to change. I'd go back to dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ask them for their r8 rep and speak to them directly,
I had a similar problem with my colour and after speaking with my dealers rep directly they asked the factory and confirmed with me it was possible.

Just another point to this thread:
MY car is scheduled for its build date on May 22nd; so according to Mainy's thread I can expect to recieve it around June 22nd?
My dealer had told me to expect it around the end of July

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to now add to my original post, i have been told that my R8 is now on its way to the UK....!!!

All things being equal I should have it within the next 3 weeks.....

The build week was the 19th - May 3rd

On the point about changing spec, becareful because once it goes into factory confirmed status you cannot change a thing on it. My advice is to keep a constant dialogue with your dealer or with the Audi head office. In my case that has been with Audi UK.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
They told me my build was first week in April and to expect it by end May, I had it by end April so it seems like 3 weeks or less build to delivery. Its awesome !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts