Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
They do but you have to get the 'fitting kit' too as otherwise you will have a big gap between the sideblade and the (functional) air vent that sits next to it...

·
Registered
172 Posts
they should fit fine, its mostly cosmetic, there will be a few parts to replace with the blade though ( like the inside mesh and tubing I guess ) but other than that it should be a perfect fit

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy a more agressive Diffuser, Front Splitter and Side Blades?
In the USA you might try Texas Performance Motorsports, they are a PPI importer. Mitch Clark, [email protected]

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I would love the extra 35% or so more air into the engine.(at speed).The V 10 blades have got to be worth a few extra H.P. But may lower TOP speeds a bit? (coefficient of wind drag).:):( You have a 'bitchen (AWESOME) project on your hands,BZZ!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
The retail price for non CF, paintable V10 blades is $4,065 I think.

I would love to find someone to make some front splitters and side blades at a reasonable price. I think there would be a fairly good market for these. The rear defuser and the LMS style downforce front hoods are more specialized, with a more limited potential market.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Yeah-Buddy !!! But think how much you will save by not buying the R8 LMS from the factory.You will feel good knowing you did it yourself too! Not as much of a wait either.Sener at PPI will work with you.Especially in this DOWN economy.NOW is the time to start stocking up on your parts.If done right I think you might break even on the resale.When I come to Perth to visit my buddy Travis Fairweather I will look you up. Maybe have a Kangaroo burger and some of the great beer and some Vegemite too!:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
To do the R8 LMS setup, the biggest thing is switching to RWD and shedding that extra differential /drive train weight. Without researching it, I think thats a very expensive proposition. The big V8 HP is coming very soon. We will have that supercar power. But I would also love 3100 LBS curb weight without completely destroying much of the R8's over the top character.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I think the BZZ version with all wheel drive will do just fine.Maybe a supercharger as well.I think I will be able to get the down force I'm looking for along with the safety of the all wheel drive. Just pipe dreams for me right now though.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts