Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

r8 owner considering a track day.

how much adjustment is there in the R8 suspension in terms of camber and toe?

if it is adjustable, what have those that have tracked the car set it at?

has anyone noticed the tyre recommendations on the car show more pressure recommended at the front than the rear?

cheers

yss

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi. I just did some track work today. I'm running Micheling Pilot Cups all round (R-Spec Compound). Tyres pressures set to 31-32PSI front and 36PSI for the rear (HOT). You need to use a tyre probe to get these right for each track. I too will be playing with Camber in the next few weeks so, I'll let you know what I find.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I agree with bz888 as to tire pressures. I went thru the Pirellis Zero Corsas System, and now have Toyo Proxes R888's 235/35R19 and 305/30R19 which I am loving BIG time! Just got thru another great track day. I also now have Pagid yellows brake pads. I must say that the original OEM brakes are great in the R8. They lasted more than 12 full track days!!! :eek: All people were completely amazed at the OEM brake quality. I drive my car in the fastest groups, averaging more than 1.5 days a week. The R8 is super. I did add some negative camber, and it helps with control and tire wear on the track, but it is not recommended if most of your car's miles are as an everyday street car.

PS.. If anyone in the states gets a roll bar made for the R8 , please contact me so I can have the guy make a second one for me!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Hey Bz888. I wanted to get another track day on these brakes before answering you. I have the Pagid 2931 fronts, and 1287 rears in the RS29 yellow compound. These are full racing brakes. I cannot recommend them for normal street driving. It requires the most delicate touch to use these brakes at normal street speeds. And its very easy to push just a little too hard, and you instantly stop very hard. Not many girl friends will appreciate this kind of huge braking as you drive about town.

On the track, the yellow compound Pagids are superb! My braking zones are now much shorter and more confident. :D And they fade very very little during hard daydriving at very hot >32c temps. Unfortunately I can't compare these brakes with any other Pagid compounds because I also use the same yellows on my Porsche

But I must admit, I have lost none of my original respect for the original Audi R8 OEM brakes. They are really really great brakes for both street and track, and they last a very long time. I would never hesitate to track my car again with the R8 OEM brakes. There maybe a Pagid as good a dual purpose brake as the original R8 OEM's. I just don't know what it would be.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I was at a track event recently and found an R8 owner who also has one of those orange GT2RS Porsches with ceramic brakes. He said that the steel rotor brake system on his R8 outperforms the ceramic brakes on his RS! He had only tracked his R8 once, using the OEM pads. He uses the R8 for his daily driver and already had the RS so continues to drive that one on the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts