Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,981 Posts
Yeah, why not. They'll be a nice accent.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the G/R spoiler, splitter and canards. The canards are like your lady putting on that last piece of fine jewelry. "Sexy". They just give it that track car look.

·
Registered
774 Posts
dissenting opinion here- I had a pair and sold them before install
I wanted to like them but as I held them against my car they looked like a cheap, stick on after thought
possible issue for me might have been that my car is Lava gray and they didn't provide contrast

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think it looks awesome on the GT or if you get proper fit.. I don't believe in 3M taped ones.. saw a dude here with cf canards it looked terrible because the canards didn't seat 100% on the bumper.. there was some space between the carnards and the bumper in some points.. on another hand it hurts to do definitive holes in the oem bumper

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I put them on my car and love them. I like the look and they are great for the track. At BIR without them in the rain at 90 MPH I was hydroplaning going into turn two. With them on at the same track in the rain, different event, at 112 MPH going into turn two the car was rock solid.

I purchased OEM CF canards that have the bolts. I had an autobody shop drill holes in the OEM bumper and bolt and use 3M VHB tape to install them. They used a template I received from desperado to install them. Desperado has an R8 GT so I used a template from his car.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I absolutely love the canards on my 2009 V8. I'm planning a GT front diffuser as well. Bottom line in my opionion is that the GT front end is fantastic.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the 3m double taped ones. Took me a while to get them fitted perfect, but once on, they feel pretty solid to me with very little play. Had the car up at 165 the other night and no movement at all. if you like the look of the GT then I say go for it. If you don't like it, it's a cheap mod, take it off and go about your day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Must admit I really like the look of them although I agree with Redfire that they really need to fit properly with no gapping otherwise they'll look a bit naff

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
If the stick on canards are made to a high standard, there will be no gaps.

They also will not fall off if a good quality 3m double sided tape is used.

I had to use both hands to remove mine with great difficulty.

·
Registered
328 Posts
it's all about the install.. Take your time and move the canard around until the contour of the canard and the bumper match up, tape in place remove tape back and voila no gaps. I can probably take a pic of mines but it looks exactly like what Howie posted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts