Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go for the capristo exhaust, see below for details from Capristo gmbh.

"Our sports exhaust system for the Audi R8 is freely programmable and back pressure-controlled. This means that there is a control unit for monitoring the back pressure. This control unit provides the possibility to individually programme the pack pressure one would like to drive. In this way one can reach the maxium performance. The portion of back pressure resulting in a loss in performance is filtered out by the
control unit.

Therefore this sports exhaust combines all advantages in both the lower and higher range of revolutions per minute (rpm), since the back pressure can be exactly dosed to enable the engine to gain
the maximum performance.

Most of the valve-controlled systems open the valves either dependent on speed or revolutions per minute (rpm). The engine, however, is neither influenced by speed nor by revolutions per minute but by back pressure, which is increasing at rising revolutions.

The control unit features an illuminated display showing all functions in plain text in 3 different languages (German, Englisch, Italian) and provides 3 basic modes to be operated via remote control, namely

a) Cruise mode - the exhaust gas valves open later
b) Sport mode - the exhaust gas valves open earlier
c) Open mode - the exhaust gas valves remain open

In both the cruise mode and sport mode one can individually programme the back pressure when the exhaust gas valves shall open.

The car is pleasant to drive without droning noise.

A big advantage is that the control unit recognizes the driver operation characteristics. If the driver aggressively accelerates, this is identified by our device by means of the kind in which the back pressure
is generated, and the exhaust gas valves open immediately. Usual accelerating results in a later opening of the exhaust gas valves.

The exhaust system is complety made of heat-resistant stainless steel 1.4828 (T309). This steel grade is comparable with INCONEL (F1 Exhaust material).

The price of 1 Capristo Audi R8 sports exhaust system amounts to Euro 3.500,-- + 19 % German VAT = Euro 4.165,00 ex works.

Freight charges have to be considered in addition to the price stated above."​

I'll post with the result when I get it fitted next month - going to take a run to Germany to get it done.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hope you like it!! You will test drive another R8 with the Capistro installed ,right?:)

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Congrats on the Capristo! I know many friends in the hi performance Porsche world who swear by the Capristo. It is certainly one of the very best, and highest quality exhaust made anywhere. There should also be a considerable weight reduction and power increase. And the valve system gives the R8 a much wider range of audio expression while still maintaining its proper social skills. Now that's what makes a nice exhaust!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
My guess is that the V10 would require a very slight adjustment, and would represent a different model. But about 95% of the work is already done. I'm sure they will have a V10 version ready very soon.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked if anyone had experience, got lots of 'info' but no experience. I am planning to go over to Germany just for the hell of it and try the system out before I get it fitted. If it isn't what I want plan to console myself by earning that Nurbugring sticker, hell I'll probably do that even if I do get it ;-)

With aftermarket exhausts do you get s**t from Audi (UK) regarding the warranty?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Ian,

the audi dealership where i bought my car actually had my miltek exhaust fitted for me prior to collection via miltek UK. The miltek one still keeps warranty intact, i dont know with regards to other exhaust systems, should'nt be a problem though.

regards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts