Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car Cover Products

Protect your investment with a car cover, outdoors, car covers offer unequalled protection against ultraviolet radiation (UVR) they are manufactured to be water-resistant and are available in various breathable fabric materials that provide protection from acid rain, pollution, bird excrement, tree sap and windblown debris, as well as protection against every type of climatic conditions, can be used for both long-term indoor or outdoor vehicle storage.

Covercraft Products are well known in the automotive industry as the largest manufacturer of custom patterned car covers in the world. Started in 1965 as a two-person company, now with over 500-employee’s supplying the automotive aftermarket, original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and speciality markets with over 45,000 custom cover patterns, made in the USA with the QS 9000 standards rating award, meeting strict international quality standards. They offer a four year replacement warranty.

Websites- http:// www.carcoverworld.com/ Europe-http//:www.covercraft-europe.com

For relative ease of handling choose a cover with a fabric weight of between 4-7 oz per sq. yd. Used for long-term vehicle storage, either in the garage or outdoors, car covers protect against accidental scratches and dings from passers-by, car doors, lawn mowers, sporting equipment, bikes and pets. Covercraft Products are well known in the automotive industry as the largest manufacturer of custom patterned car covers in the world.

An extract from “Automotive Detailing, Inside & Out; Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist “© TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved.
This book will enable direct access to five decades of detailing knowledge and experience​

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I got the tan Ultratect cover from CoverCraft, made specifically for the R8. It fits fine and works well.

I have the need for a cover when trailering the car on an open (non-covered) trailer. I found that at highway towing speeds, the wind whips the cover enough to start damaging the finish. So I got the special Audi satin cover (the one at Desperado's link above), and put that on first to protect the finish, then I put the CoverCraft cover over that to be weatherproof, then I trailer it. Kind of excessive, but better than leaving it unprotected.

You have to bungee the covers down securely when towing, they can get torn off if you don't.

mt

·
Registered
761 Posts
Audi dealer?

(I got mine free with the R8; it's the satin indoor cover. Used it few times. Works perfect)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Wow Mike , thats awesome ...A 5000.00car cover.How much are the environmentally controlled bubble covers? C-YAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!:)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That is waay lower cost for the bubble.Could it be the same bubble my freind uses for his Bugatti? have you had a chance to see the pics in my gallery? I am crazy busy for the party Sunday. Hope you stop by. Later Bud.:)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
That is waay lower cost for the bubble.Could it be the same bubble my freind uses for his Bugatti? have you had a chance to see the pics in my gallery? I am crazy busy for the party Sunday. Hope you stop by. Later Bud.:)
Yes it's the same one you’re talking about your friend that I detailed his Bugatti?

Yes I'm going to do my best to stop by around 1:00pm after work ya ya ya im working on sunday :mad:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Zymol = overpricing with the most clever marketing

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
How 'bout Zymols' creme wax that cost 150.00 per oz. Cheap compared to the 1,500.00 per oz. creme wax Mike sometimes uses on high-end cars. The container for the Zymol creamer/wax gets sent back to England to get re-filled.The container is a clear chunk of lexan that must weigh 20 lbs. Clever marketing is right. AND Mike has to be certified to even purchase the stuff. He is contractually bound.:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
How 'bout Zymols' creme wax that cost 150.00 per oz. Cheap compared to the 1,500.00 per oz. creme wax Mike sometimes uses on high-end cars. The container for the Zymol creamer/wax gets sent back to England to get re-filled.The container is a clear chunk of lexan that must weigh 20 lbs. Clever marketing is right. AND Mike has to be certified to even purchase the stuff. He is contractually bound.:)

Sent to England? Zymol is an American company based in Connecticut (CT).

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hmmm...even MORE clever than I thought!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Zymol has excellent products. The high end glazes (Royal and Vintage) give amazing results: durable, protects and shine for months.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
It is the vintage glaze by Zymol that comes from England,I am led to beleive.:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
It is the vintage glaze by Zymol that comes from England,I am led to beleive.:)
Last time my detailer buddy called Zymol, he was told they "just finished blending a new batch here at our factory".

Who knows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts