Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good Car Cover for the R8. Any information would be appreciated.. Has anyone ever tried the Coverking Form Fit car covers?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Buy the R8 cover made by Audi. They have a good car cover available, specially made for the R8!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do you need a indoor or outdoor cover.

Yes the Audi model is nice and Swissvax also offers covers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you need a indoor or outdoor cover.

Yes the Audi model is nice and Swissvax also offers covers.
I need an indoor cover. I'm planning on keeping the R8 on a carlift most of the winter in my office, but I figure I should keep it covered from getting dirty.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I need an indoor cover. I'm planning on keeping the R8 on a carlift most of the winter in my office, but I figure I should keep it covered from getting dirty.
If I was you i'd buy the R8 cover from Audi! :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
agree, if the car should look nice with the cover on, Audi looks nicer.
If the car will disapear in a garage , swissvax or any other car cover would do.

btw I have ordered the Audi cover as well but i use a Swissvax cover for my S8 and it does the job as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe it's my Scottish blood , but don't you think that when you're spending £90'000 on a car they could include a cover which lets face wouldn't cost Audi very much to have made. Or am I being silly??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
@GR8
scottish or not, some things are not really usefull like , I have received an original sketch ( no copy ) in a nice box of the first idea's of the R8, very nice but ....well
then I have received another nice gift box with, the calendar of Karl Lagerfeld in leather for my office desk and a nice little polished aluminum model of the R8, nice but ???????????

I agree that a cover would have been much more usefull, on the other hand what might be usefull for you and me and maybe 10 others is totaly useless for the next 25 owners.

So i don't complain.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it's my Scottish blood , but don't you think that when you're spending £90'000 on a car they could include a cover which lets face wouldn't cost Audi very much to have made. Or am I being silly??:rolleyes:
Well maybe it's my New York blood, but I feel that the car should come with alot more too. I expect to pay somewhere around $125,000 for my R8 when it gets delivered on Jan 14th, and I don't know about you guys but thats alot of money to me. When I was invited to Las Vegas to drive the R8, I was treated like Royalty ( I even got a beautiful pair of R8 cuff links which I love), but now I get alot of misinformation or no information at all. I count on this web site to answer any question I have, whether it about a car cover or luggage, etc. I think that Audi has not done a good job of communication with its customers, and has not provided the dealerships with the info it needs to give us. I realize that when you sell a $45,000 car, the customers are different,and don't demand alot and maybe we demand too much, but communication is the key to good customer relations.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Perhaps R8ROB could come up with a good deal on Official Audi R8 covers?

·
Registered
617 Posts
let me see what i can do... If people are interested how many would be interested in a bulk buy?
If it is a good deal, count me in. But if it is like the luggage prices count me out

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I'm from Ohio and I agree-so it is not just your NY blood. Mine is set for delievery around 1st of December-released for build now--but only communication (very little) from Audi was wnen I pushed very hard--then very little. My dealer has kept up with everything he can get and kept me immediately informed-but I usually knew things before him from this forum and other sources. And this is after being told that Audi that they set up a special R8 hotline for customers--well the hot line has provided nothing! I am still hoping it changes and Audi starts to treat me like they know I have ordered this car-but I doubt it will happen. As for any "gifts", nothing in site such as some of you in Europe etc have received. Anyway, I will enjoy it when I get it, as I have all my other Audis.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts