Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah - C&D has consistently placed the R8 above the Vantage and several 911 models. They've published 0-62 MPH test results of 4.1 and 4.3 secs and most recently speculate that the R8 is also superior to the M6; in fairness to the Aston, it doesn't match up well against anything as the price tag is far too high for the performance (after all, the reason you buy an Aston is because its an Aston, not for anything else). I'd love to have one, but only after the R8, 911 and M6...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hmmm...the 911 turbo outperforms the R8 in virtually every performance parameter yet laps the track about three seconds slower? Me thinks that particular test car or driver had issues.
C&D's "points" results are also mainly determined by their own subjective opinions. The R8 gains nearly its entire win margin in their "gotta have it" and "fun to drive" catagories. On the otherhand they did give the turbo even more points for having rear seats...

CAN THE R8 REALLY BE THIS GOOD?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, and it is much more rare!!

(so rare that i still cant find out when i get mine)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hmmm...the 911 turbo outperforms the R8 in virtually every performance parameter yet laps the track about three seconds slower? Me thinks that particular test car or driver had issues.
C&D's "points" results are also mainly determined by their own subjective opinions. The R8 gains nearly its entire win margin in their "gotta have it" and "fun to drive" catagories. On the otherhand they did give the turbo even more points for having rear seats...

CAN THE R8 REALLY BE THIS GOOD?
You are forgetting few things:
-EVO also find R8 faster aroung their test track then 997 Turbo
-in Sport Auto R8 proved to be faster in all curves except on straight line on Hockenheim track. End result is that with street tires R8 is faster around Hockenheim then 997 Turbo

So, why is there so many doubt in R8?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I still find it hard to believe R8 faster than 997 Turbo too. Some road tests have stated R8 only slightly faster than 997S or 4S and Turbo is a big step up in dynamics. I'm willing to be convinced though and I've always placed a lot of faith in Evo but somebody is obviously wrong. Will have to wait and see a few more tests before I'm convinced either way.

Agree with Kreso 997 Turbo is definitely the more entertaining to drive but R8 the more usable everyday car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
EVO obviously drove all the other cars slowly over the years waiting for the R8 to come along....... :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
just read the C&D article... thanks wanabe for posting the link, I really urge you guys who havent read it yet to READ IT! :D :D

couldnt believe my eyes.. that we stripped of aston and porsche like this, in thisway and manner... :cool:

we all, who "bought" the car way before first tests were available should be stockbrokers.. ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Don't forget the Dutch tracktimes I posted! Here is the R8 quicker than a 4S 1.35 vs 1.39

1 - 9 of 9 Posts