Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following CooperR8's post on ... page four of ... this thread ... I have done the decent thing and brought a copy ... :D

There are some interesting points in it ... such as ...
0-125mph in 14.7secs ...
Carbon fibre engine bay trim £2005 ...
Up to 35% drive can go to the front wheels ...
Up to 100% drive can go to the rear wheels ...
Negative lift generated over both axles ...
Best in class stopping distance 62-0mph in 34metres ... (standard brakes)
Ceramics from mid 2007 ... £ to be confirmed ...
Magnetic Suspension ... £1,175 ...
R-Tronic ... £5,000 ...
Carbon sideblades ... £1,324 ...
Power operated carbon bucket seats ... £695 ...
Bang & Olufsen sound system ... £972 ...
Upcoming engine ... 5.2litre ... V10 ... 500bhp ... no date ... no price ...
Soon to be signed off ... open top ... targa style ...​
Details to be found in ... "CAR" Magazine's December 2006 issue, number 532.

Thanks for the tip ... CooperR8 :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Following CooperR8's post on ... [http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38&page=4]page four of ... this thread[/URL] ... I have done the decent thing and brought a copy ... :D

There are some interesting points in it ... such as ...
0-125mph in 14.7secs ...
Carbon fibre engine bay trim £2005 ...
Up to 35% drive can go to the front wheels ...
Up to 100% drive can go to the rear wheels ...
Negative lift generated over both axles ...
Best in class stopping distance 62-0mph in 34metres ... (standard brakes)
Ceramics from mid 2007 ... £ to be confirmed ...
Magnetic Suspension ... £1,175 ...
R-Tronic ... £5,000 ...
Carbon sideblades ... £1,324 ...
Power operated carbon bucket seats ... £695 ...
Bang & Olufsen sound system ... £972 ...
Soon to be signed off ... open top ... targa style ...​
Details to be found in ... "CAR" Magazine's December 2006 issue, number 532.

Thanks for the tip ... CooperR8 :D
Great info as always Paul. I love the fact i can be away for a few days and within a few mins of looking at your posts, im back up to scratch!:)

The B&O system at £972 sounds good, esp after being reported to cost £7000!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info as always Paul. I love the fact i can be away for a few days and within a few mins of looking at your posts, im back up to scratch!:)
Glad to be of help ... after all ... one of the things I really like about enthusiast based sites is ... someone somewhere will always know something someone else isn't yet aware of ... and its so easy to let others know about it on in a forum like this.
The B&O system at £972 sounds good, esp after being reported to cost £7000!
Yep ... it's going to be difficult not to tick the box for this option!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the last clip is the same car from the in the private viewing room in paris with cream leather seats ,ceramics brakes ,carbon blades ,carbon engine bay and carbon dash
Which is the one that is currently sat in the Piccadilly Forum in London ... where I managed to take some photo's on Monday when I had a viewing ... have a look in the photo gallery ... I've just finished updating and uploading some photos.

Shame some fool in Paris broke the tailgate release ... I couldn't get a decent photo of the engine bay ... :(

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your photo,s are NOT of the car that was in paris IT HAD A R TRONIC GEARBOX
and the tailgate release was working fine then i took some pictures
With a manual an r-tronic in Europe ... I wonder if customers will be able to test drive them ... to see which transmission they prefer ... :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Auto car info

In this weeks Autocar news section (quote)
audi's R8 will be the company,s first road car capable of topping 200mph,and it won't be fitted with a limiter restricting it to 155mph.The supercar has a top speed of 205mph.

now we all no it will do 187mph but 205mph? .
Roll on summer 2007 to find out

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Auto car info

In this weeks Autocar news section (quote)
audi's R8 will be the company,s first road car capable of topping 200mph,and it won't be fitted with a limiter restricting it to 155mph.The supercar has a top speed of 205mph.

now we all no it will do 187mph but 205mph? .
Roll on summer 2007 to find out
I've still not really had the opportunity to push my RS4 properly ... needing an autobahn to really do such ... Buntingthorpe runway (I think that's the one open to bookings for high speed runs) has not been visited yet ... but I'd like to take a trip there ... just to see what kind of revs it will be doing when it reaches the limiter in sixth ... that'd give us a fair idea of the engines top speed ... although gearing would obviously be another very important factor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
this is a pretty stupid move by Audi considering they already have a Gallardo which is a v10 and has 500 HP. Makes completely no sense in making this car with a v10 and I still don't think it's going to be made because it will destroy Gallardo sales if it is cheaper than one.
Unless they plan on not producing Gallardos anymore after a v10 R8 comes out.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is a pretty stupid move by Audi considering they already have a Gallardo which is a v10 and has 500 HP. Makes completely no sense in making this car with a v10 and I still don't think it's going to be made because it will destroy Gallardo sales if it is cheaper than one.
Unless they plan on not producing Gallardos anymore after a v10 R8 comes out.
Maybe you’ve hit the nail on the head and the Gallardo might cease to be produced ... or another model come out to replace it ... although it wouldn't surprise me to see a more powerful engine find its way into the Gallardo ... maybe something in the 550-575bhp range ... making it more powerful than a 500-515bhp V10 R8, if it arrives, which I think is almost a foregone conclusion ... obviously all this is just supposition on my part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts