Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone’s car ever just fire up, wait a second and then die? 2017 v10 plus
No codes
I’m thinking maybe bad gas as I filled up about 40-45 miles prior from a eighth or quarter tank

Started the car up after it was sitting for a couple hours in a friends car park, 2-3 times it would fire up, then wait a second and revs fall to 0 and it dies.

I unplugged dash cam, and removed phone usb, put the car in accessory mode and scanned the codes, no fault codes present

Tried to start again and it was fine, no issues, drove it home about 35 miles

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
A couple of possible causes to think about. To start off, what condition is the battery in & are you able to perform a load test to assess its serviceability/state of charge? Insufficient voltage will negatively affect all on board systems. Before jumping in at the deep end ensure the basics are looked at first. Fuel could be a possible issue, so might sticky throttle body/valves? All of these may (or may not) throw up relevant trouble codes, but don't immediately expect a fault code to be seen explaining likely suspects. You've already done a scan so look at the Bty next. Look forward to hearing your next update.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While you have your meter out on the battery, check the connections to it aren’t corroded and are nice and tight.
You can get at it in the frunk - it’s at the back of the bin. You'll see a small slot of carpet that can be flapped open (hinged at the bottom so open at the top). Watch out you don’t split the carpet from the trim - you need something thin to get it open.

Edit: if you end up replacing the battery, it’s a bit of a bugger. This might help...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OBDeleven data log

Trouble codes:
U140600 - Static current too high
Intermittent
Date: 2020-10-03 04:13:14
Mileage: 5310 km
Priority: 7
Malfunction frequency counter: 4
Unlearning counter: 231
Voltage terminal 30: 12.2 V
Voltage terminal 15: 0.0 V
Control module temperature: 30 °C
System status: LIN_active
Terminal 15 status: Off
Terminal 15 status via CAN: Off
IN ZAS_Kl_X: Off
Engine running: Off
IN ESP_Stillstandsflag: no standstill detected
Datenfeld: 0
U140B00 - Energy management active
Intermittent
Date: 2020-10-03 07:16:34
Mileage: 5310 km
Priority: 7
Malfunction frequency counter: 2
Unlearning counter: 231
Voltage terminal 30: 12.1 V
Voltage terminal 15: 0.0 V
Control module temperature: 31 °C
System status: LIN_active
Terminal 15 status: Off
Terminal 15 status via CAN: Off
IN ZAS_Kl_X: Off
Engine running: Off
IN ESP_Stillstandsflag: no standstill detected
Datenfeld: 1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe my dash cam ? It runs 24/7
Battery voltage showing 11.4 on this odb11 app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe my dash cam ? It runs 24/7
Battery voltage showing 11.4 on this odb11 app
When you say 24/7 do you mean that it's legitimately on & recording 24/7? My Thinkware U1000 camera has a radar attachment accessory that allows the camera to go into a very deep sleep. It uses minimal power from the car battery and only wakes the camera once the radar senses detection. If after a certain amount of seconds the radar no longer senses movement, the camera goes back to sleep/low power mode. I'm not certain of what cameras you are using to do your recording, but having any camera run for 24/7 off of any battery that doesn't have a "sleep mode" isn't the best situation for battery longevity whether it be the car's or a battery pack haha.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts