Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several companies, e.g. PPI, Capristo, etc., offer carbon fiber rear diffusors and front spoilers. Can any owners of these products please post the pros & cons of the parts they have purchased. I am very interested of R8 owners in the USA since most of the products are produced in Europe and have to go through and US distributor. :confused:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I love the overall handling of my R 8 after adding ground effects. I am set apart from the R8 crowd with my simple add ons. Nothing but aclamades from everyone who sees my car in person.I would'nt even consider owning a stock as a rock car... unless it was something like an F50 or a Superleggera. Diffuser is next after a little more research.PPI seems to have the best prices for the best products. I learned to climb driveways properly before installing front spoiler.Mine is the Stage 1 PPI and makes the front bottom 1/2 inch lower.That's the most I could handle for this daily driver.I SAILED my R 8 across the Balboa channel on the ferry the other evening.Thank GOSH IT WAS high TIDE ,OR I WOULD HAVE torn MY FRONT SPOILERS RIGHT OFF. I am VERY lucky !!!! Only three cars fit on the ferry.I was the middle car.I got off second and the third car dipped the ferry to my rear letting me get back on land safely. PPI is right outside of Stuttgart as you know.Sener Taniolu can set you up with better pricing. He is my buddy. Hope I have been helpfull!!!:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pics of your PPI stage 1 front? Everything I've seen has been with the razor front lip. I find the Stage 1 cleaner.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
:)What's up SiNzz , I just looked on PPI's Web catalogue and I see that my front two peice spoiler has been discontinued.It was a biatch to install but not nearly as difficult as the one peice spoiler. Check it out in the gallery pics of my car. My peices are all high gloss carbon fibre and so far the peices haven't fallen away not even at 160. I do feel the front spoilers would disintegrate at 180 and above.BUT the peices aren't for top speed runs.They work real hard for me in the tight stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't need a lifter kit like the other spoiled guys need!! see PPIDESIGN.COM to SEE what I'm talking about.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks harrison! I'll check that out. Also, nicely done on spelling my s/n correctly. I've been using the same one for 5+years and people always seem to address me as "Snizz" haha.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Just seen a cool rear diffusor, with fences on the Capristo web site, should work well!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
They (Tech Advisors) say that the diffuser is meant to help pull/draw air out. I don't know if it will work well without the GT2 style front downforce system.But is sure looks darn cool.:):cool:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Just seen a cool rear diffusor, with fences on the Capristo web site,
ianerrid, maybe you would post a link or a pic of what you are seeing at the Capristo site? I see that they are making only these CB blade replacements. These are for decoration only and not a real aero part. I see no rear diffusers or any real aero stuff.

I think PPI and APS ( who is a site sponsor), are the only companies now making and selling individual after market aero parts for the R8. I'm sure more will come.

http://www.capristo.de/

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
ianerrid, maybe you would post a link or a pic of what you are seeing at the Capristo site? I see that they are making only these CB blade replacements. These are for decoration only and not a real aero part. I see no rear diffusers or any real aero stuff.

I think PPI and APS ( who is a site sponsor), are the only companies now making and selling individual after market aero parts for the R8. I'm sure more will come.

http://www.capristo.de/

See http://www.allaboutmedia.de/capristo.de/bild.php?aW1hZ2VzL3ByZF9ncnAvem9vbS9oZWNrYW5zaWNodC5qcGc= for their diffuser with the vertical fences.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
A few more fins might look even better! Makes me think about adding some fins to MY R 8. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The quote I got for the Capristo package was a little under $4000 depending on the dollar-euro exchange rate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
$4000 including the front spoiler as well?

·
Registered
978 Posts
If anyone is looking for a reality check, the FACTORY carbon front splitter and rear valence are $28k for the set.

Operators are standing by... ;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
What I've learned is that the rear valance, fins, and diffuser add DOWNFORCE. SOME new supercars don't come with wings even, out back, ala Scuderias. With so much downforce the tires should warm-up quicker too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did get the Capristo rear diffusor and fins on my car. When I bought them it was $3250 including shipping, etc. Had to trim the factory rear grill :confused: a bit maybe because it is US and not the European with the rear fog light. Had to search for some black metric bolts because the Capristo twin air scopes will not accommodate the large OEM bolts. Had some help from BR Racing of Los Gatos to install it but it was straight forward if you have the R8 on a lift but lots of stuff has to come off and be put back on. Will try to add pictures later but the same as in the Capristo pictures but my car is silver. The CF scopes are hard CF not flexible rubber so beware scrapes. :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and have spend quite a bit of time searching the forum and the net for R8 related parts and articles. From what I have found it seems like there are only two rear diffusers for the R8 road cars. The one being discussed from Capristo is also sold by EDO Competition and Wheelandmore. The other diffuser is the one seen on the PPI Razor which is also the same unit as found on the MTM R8. Actually both PPI and MTM share the same front spoiler and rear diffuser.

Happy New Year.
Edwin

·
Registered
119 Posts
I posted some pictures in my gallery of the Capristo CF on my car. All the silver screws have been replaced with black screws.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts