Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed this carbon fiber rear ducktail spoiler.
I like the simple look.
I wanted to keep it fairly stock looking.
Let me know what you think....

·
Registered
404 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rear spoiler

Hi all, I bought a carbone fiber wing and don’t want to drill on my stock wing, does anyone know where I can buy the rear plus?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi All, while adding (or not) any carbon or fiber bits to the rear of an R8 is subjective, in terms of "looks" the same changes the aerodynamic balance of the car, objectively. This isn't an issue under 80 mph...but above that, you want the car to be balance. Thus, if you add more rear down force with a mod....add more front lip to equal the down force. Otherwise, these mods unsettle the car and create real physics issues in terms of weight distribution that the car's stability system isn't designed to correct. That system is designed with the OE aerodynamics. Either leave the OE aero package alone...good for 200+ mph! Or if you must mod, then get a kit that adjusts both front and rear, or front, rear, and side skirts..but a kit that was tested and balanced in a wind tunnel in a CAD process, so it is safe and functional. Or, sell the R8, buy an old Honda and put a hydrofoil wing on the rear, enough to actually lift the front end off the ground...lol. Be careful with mods!
2014 R8 V10 Spyder
92 octaine VR 600+
0410201208a_HDR~3.jpg
IMG_5542[1].JPG
0430201406_HDR.jpg
IMG_5399[1].JPG
0410201216.jpg
HP tune
Kline Innovation valvetrontic exhaust
BMC air intake
Carbon cleaned intake valves
New spark plugs
OE aerodynamics!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here is another source for these parts...

·
Registered
10 Posts
ahacarbon is registered as the same company as jcsportline auto parts. Not sure why jcsportline would create another website with a different name.

Here is another source for these parts...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rear spoiler

Hi all, I bought a carbone fiber wing and don’t want to drill on my stock wing, does anyone know where I can buy the rear plus?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get it at a dealer - around ~$2500...

·
Registered
27 Posts
How does this one mount to the car? I have an rws without the performance back piece. Does it drill or do I need to get that specific piece?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts