Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought carbon fiber engine vents. The first time one side had a bow in the clear coat and would not fit. The retailer said they would replace them. I just received the replacement vents. Now one side has one corner that is pretty cloudy. I paid $1000 for them. Is this to be expected? I tend to be picky so looking for opinions if I should just accept it as is? I included one picture of what all of the other corners look like for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you sure the epoxy isn’t cracked in that corner looks more like cracked than cloudy. The whole thing looks cloudy like they used cheap resin and way too much of it. At that price they should have been flawless I would send them back, I know how to repair carbon fiber but even I would send a part back if it came like that

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can not tell If it is cracked or a bubble in the clear coat. I heard back from the vendor today and I asked if it would be possible to cancel the order. He is going to check and get back to me.

Does anyone have the vents from Super Tweaks? They are $2400 and it is the entire vent not a cover. I have never ordered anything from SW. Does anyone have experience with their products?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can not tell If it is cracked or a bubble in the clear coat. I heard back from the vendor today and I asked if it would be possible to cancel the order. He is going to check and get back to me.

Does anyone have the vents from Super Tweaks? They are $2400 and it is the entire vent not a cover. I have never ordered anything from SW. Does anyone have experience with their products?
Man I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them for sale for like 6 or 800. There was a thread on here a while back that had a list of all the places that sale carbon parts might want to see if you can find that and check out all your options
Db carbon has them for 1,700

1 - 4 of 4 Posts