Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ask the mods to re-open the thread on it titled "Where to buy Rotors". It had all the info and part numbers and everything, but it went against the financial interests of certain people so it was deleted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How much do people care about whether a car has carbon fiber trim pieces? Engine compartment, interior etc., is it worth the bucks to upgrade this stuff? On one hand, it seems like a lot of money for what is arguably fancy fiberglass bling, but I feel everywhere I look, it's carbon fiber this, carbon fiber that. So, as a lowly V8 owner without any, should I start saving my car bucks to switch over? If so, my inclination would be do the engine compartment first. Thoughts?
Apparently some folks do not like it; personally, I would not purchase the R8 w/o the CF package, as I've had it on both of my R8s. As fasteddy stated, it's what make the R8 an R8. One individual even posted to a post of mine citing CF is dated...which is absolutely not true as there are many cars that have CF, but I am not five years old and would never engage in a back-and-forth conversation with someone that has a non-credible post.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
557 Posts
I love carbon fiber parts in the interior....I feel it makes it feel more upscale. In my opinion, the CF blades on the R8 is iconic...the CF blades is what made the R8 so special
I agree that the side blades are iconic, but I disagree that they need to be carbon fiber to be iconic. I think the side blades need to have as much contrast as possible. I prefer silver side blades on dark R8s and carbon fiber on light R8s. Body-color side blades are an abomination.

I find carbon fiber and alcantara interiors sporty, but not luxurious or upscale. I think leather, aluminum (silver as well as black anodized), and wood result in a more refined aesthetics. Exposed plastic is another abomination. I’m itching to upgrade my hard plastic center console to a facelift-style leather trim.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I think you get the best results talking to R8Stuff they are extremely knowledgeable. The CF has to match each other piece the finishes on cf can vary , be careful take your time. I’ll try to take some pictures. Best of luck with all.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I think you get the best results talking to R8Stuff they are extremely knowledgeable. The CF has to match each other piece the finishes on cf can vary , be careful take your time. I’ll try to take some pictures. Best of luck with all.
So, I've decided to take the plunge and snagged an OE air box cover last night off eBay. The price seemed too good to pass up. I'm hoping that I won't have a match problem with the rest of it. Fingers crossed. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before you buy any more, think about this...spend your bucks on CF that makes a difference in performance. Like a splitter, diffuser, and skirts. A wing, front blades. Hood with a powerbox. Otherwise, it's a lot of money spent on poser parts.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts