Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I just added a 2018 cf OEM rear wing to my car...I want to do a match on my side blades, 2017 R8 v10 .
Cant seem to find the right match..
Can any body give some suggestion. Manufacturer or etc...
THX
Frank

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, match carbon fiber oem wing color to side blades

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would stay with the OEM stuff if possible.

·
Registered
533 Posts
HI,
I just added a 2018 cf OEM rear wing to my car...I want to do a match on my side blades, 2017 R8 v10 .
THX
Frank
sorry, match carbon fiber oem wing color to side blades
Im not looking to buy carbon fiber blades...i looking for a close match to the OEM cf on the rear spoiler
THX
If you want it to look OEM then you will have to bite the bullet and go with factory side blades. If you can live with aftermarket quality then there are several options. From my experience, it’s possible to find used Audi pieces for just a little more than new aftermarket ones so I opted for OEM every time. Now, if you’re looking to wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl then you will not be able to get a close match to real carbon fiber (OEM or aftermarket), regardless of the quality of the film. You simply can’t replicate the luster and depth of real carbon with a vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
188 Posts
HI,
THX
Frank
Are you talking about wrapping with vinyl or real CF wrap? My advice is not to use vinyl. I have not see one that looks like real CF.

If you want to wrap your part with real FC fabric, the process is fairly simple but very time consuming. Attaching the CF to the part is simple and quick. After that, however, you'll have to apply a coat of raisin, wait for it to dry (could be as long as a day), and sand. Then repeat the whole process 4-6 times until all gaps are filled.

I like doing handy-work, but even for me, it is a boring thing to do...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Are you talking about wrapping with vinyl or real CF wrap? My advice is not to use vinyl. I have not see one that looks like real CF.

If you want to wrap your part with real FC fabric, the process is fairly simple but very time consuming. Attaching the CF to the part is simple and quick. After that, however, you'll have to apply a coat of raisin, wait for it to dry (could be as long as a day), and sand. Then repeat the whole process 4-6 times until all gaps are filled.

I like doing handy-work, but even for me, it is a boring thing to do...
Laying the weave perfectly requires some skill as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after much searching there is nothing that compares,,Can someone suggest a color...The car is Black with Black wheels...red interior

Maybe just a black....any pictures.
thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts