Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down under its very hard to obtain information from Audi about instructions for removing interior pieces such as door handles ,NAV surrounds ,handbrake,switch surrounds,centre console ,air vents etc etc.
Is there available any documentation that shows you step by step these processes .
Thanks in advance
Conm

·
Super Moderator
3,981 Posts
While it's not a full "how to" for the interior, such as the dash pieces (the monoposto ring is a complete dash removal), I did a write up on how to do most of the work:

http://www.yellowdogracing.com/Audi.htm

Hope this helps.

The center console, brake handle, ring around the shifter and such just require a #25 Torx wrench and a phillips screw driver. Just pay attention to where each fastener goes. Seems like there were some that were longer than others. If you can use a screw driver and have a little common sense, you can do this job.

Stay away from the section that goes around the instruments - let an Audi tech go for that. There are three 6mm nuts that are semi-impossible to reach and require full dash disassembly.

Hand brake - if you purchased an aftermarket piece, there is the "correct" way to remove it and then there's the "real world" way. Inside the handle is a metal retaining clip. You need to get a small stylus of some sort up against this piece and push it (I think) upwards. It releases a small catch in the back of it. Sure, so they say.

After about 30 minutes and lots of cursing, the OEM handle was promptly removed by cave man methods. Thag pull hard! Screws up the stock piece (breaks a small pair of plastic tabs inside the handle), but it's not anything that can't be fixed quite easily.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to KfabR8 and stella polare for your assistance.
You are a great at helping your own (R8 owners)
conm

·
Super Moderator
3,599 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you desperado, all the info helps.
regards
conm

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Here are some online sources for official service literature:
www.audi.ddsltd.com
www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/r8/2008-2009

Also, there are dealers workshop manuals available through the grey market on ebayUK, but I haven't had much luck getting them to work properly on my PC.
desperado: I know you've got the Bentley, on dvd I assume.....
they talk about service bulletins and 1 yr of updates in their ad....
does that therefore include all those TSB's that are listed on the Audi site?

·
Super Moderator
3,599 Posts
Yes, I have the Bentley DVD. The TSBs (Technical Service Bulletin) are there, but it can take awhile for the new ones to show up.

There is a "Check Web for Updates" option in the program that installs on your PC. For example, when I purchased I only had 2008 data. Now I have 2009 data as well. In another month's time my years subscription will end and I will have to purchase another year if I wish to continue getting updates.

Their program works well, the copy protection scheme is not too intrusive, and I feel the purchase price is fair given the amount of useful information you receive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts