Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Looks great! I'm in the same boat as you with an aftermarket wing from German Rush. My only concern is the clear coat yellowing after some time. That is mainly my only concerns with aftermarket carbon fiber pieces

·
Registered
364 Posts
It looks great mate. I know you what you mean about OEM. But OEM GT wings are dearer so I’d say this is a great first step. At least you know in person whether you like the wing vs no wing! And now see if the imperfect weave on close inspection niggles at you over time. If it does then it at least you know for sure the OEM price is worth it!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Looks great. Been sitting on the fence as to whether to fit one myself.

Reactions: Che77

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
663 Posts
Look great. As long as it’s not made in China, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
663 Posts
Looks great! I'm in the same boat as you with an aftermarket wing from German Rush. My only concern is the clear coat yellowing after some time. That is mainly my only concerns with aftermarket carbon fiber pieces
Just regularly apply a UVA/UVB coating and you should be fine.

·
Registered
09 V8 6MT
242 Posts
I have the German Rush wing sitting in my garage right now. Gotta wait another week for my schedule to open up to install it. I think they enhance the rear ends for the better compared to the lackluster stock one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2015 R8 V10 LMX
121 Posts
Reactions: Che77 and davidm793

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Got the wing complete with tall pylons and mounting piece from GR. See their website. BTW all Cf is from GR & installed by GR. I'm local so easy for me. I'm very happy with all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts