1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a continuation of this thread.

Here is Carbonio's post:

Hi Everyone,

A customer of ours tipped us off to this thread and I was thinking we may be able to help the R8Talk community as we are R8 enthusiasts ourselves (although not quite yet owners).

If we can get maybe 5-10 people interested, we can manufacture carbon fiber airbox lids that are of equal or superior quality to the PPI ones with the lexan windows at a greatly reduced cost to what PPI charges. Our company specializes in the manufacture of high end cabon fiber and do a lot for the automotive and aerospace industries. As such we are well preppared to make a part that is up to the quality standards of the R8.

So who may be interested? I'll monitor this post and give whatever info I can.
So let's begin:

Price: Carbonio has an intake kit which includes a carbon airbox cover (with no windows) for $1600. While they plan to get back to us with a price very shortly, that should serve as a reference point. Keep in mind the PPI airbox cover ALONE is $4.5k

Their current airbox:

Buyers:
  1. AnOutsider
  2. Mike
  3. DRU R8
  4. RS4Cab
  5. smoothy
  6. ianerrid
  7. number1
  8. GN-R8
  9. MotherTucker
  10. HovyR8
  11. DSGFL

·
Registered
35 Posts
We are located in Toronto Canada and our North American manufacturing allows products to ship free of duties or taxes in Canada and the US.

Check out the original thread for a little eye candy :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm interested, based on final price

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Me too, based on final price. I'm in the UK

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've added you guys tentatively to the list. As for price, in the other thread, it was mentioned that their Air intake kit was about 1600 INCLUDING their carbon cover.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who did I miss?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Where's Harrison? HovyR8 maybe? I really thought we would have 10 to 15 members in on this buy.:confused: Over $3K in savings.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I know :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im a definate, the quicker we can get a confirmed price and place order's the better, cant wait to show those filter's off!!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very Interested, however bottom line price. Any pictures?

GN-R8
It doesn't exist, but as discussed, they have a full intake kit that includes a (non-windowed) airbox and costs 1600. That should give you a rough estimate.

The pic of their current airbox is here:

I'm going to add this info to the first post to prevent re-answering :p

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
OK, count me in too.

MT

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's 9... come on hovy and harrison

·
Registered
761 Posts
Where's Harrison? HovyR8 maybe? I really thought we would have 10 to 15 members in on this buy.:confused: Over $3K in savings.:eek:
That's 9... come on hovy and harrison

Been busy! Didn't have a chance to get online! What's this group buy about? Carbon fiber cover for the air filters? I already have the carbon fiber engine compartments option.

I am gonna have to pass on this one fellas, the carbon fiber looks different than the one I already have on the car.

Harisson is your man.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am gonna have to pass on this one fellas, the carbon fiber looks different than the one I already have on the car.
Actually we can match the carbon that is in your engine bay. The intention was to use the same weave as is OEM for Audi on the production piece so that customers who have OEM engine bay panels would match the lids with the windows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been busy! Didn't have a chance to get online! What's this group buy about? Carbon fiber cover for the air filters? I already have the carbon fiber engine compartments option.

Harisson is your man.

Hovy it is the lid with the windows to show the filters. Like the PPI lid.....

http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_81_132&products_id=595

·
Registered
761 Posts
1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.