Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one has Cargraphic V10 valved exhaust on Gen1? Any comments on fitment and sound? Still looking for reasonably loud one with flaps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, after all I bought Cargraphic valved exhaust. It is all polished stainless steel and weights 18.7 kg, vs stock 29.8 kg
Installation was not easy, lower hanger bolts have to be longer and I could not re-use the old ones. Tubes for solenoids also have to be longer, old OEM are too short.
Took me 5 afternoons to do everything properly, including cleaning and restoring heat insulation.
Overall quality of craftsmanship is good, however design could be improved. Too many one into another pipe connections and clamps. (6 total) and two entry connections would leak.
Fitment was very good, I got everything in alignment almost from first test fit.
Have driven only one day, so sound is still setting, however I can tell it is not a loud exhaust. So far there is some drone, not much but noticeable below 3000rpm
Impressions from test drive: wow, car rips now. Throttle response is much improved further (there was already improvement after MTM chip) feels like more tongue in midrange and more hp on top
Most important is much improved handling from loosing 10+ kg from very rear of the car. It is very noticeable and changes the character of the car. It is more confident in corners and feels somewhat lighter overall. After the exhaust and In total, I shaved almost 100lbs from the car without any compromises

1 - 2 of 2 Posts