Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
How much for the ceramic conversion?
New: Around $20K

Reconditioned calipers/new rotors (from vendors on here): $15-16k

You can buy used privately for less if you find a good deal. I did.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Exactly, does what it says on the box.
I'm reading articles that say Ceramic/Carbon brakes and rotors can last 70-80K miles.
For those of you on this thread that have them, do you feel thats accurate?

Obviously track use will greatly reduce the life expectancy, but from a day-to-day use perspective, I'm interested in hearing how accurate those estimates are.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How much for the ceramic conversion?
I sourced the brakes from LD-OEM on this site. He is very responsive and shipped the items quickly. I think we had them in a couple of days. PM me if you want the pricing. I opted to pay the Paypal fees which added around 5% to the cost. My shop install was around 3k, but they also did a bunch of other stuff. They supplied and changed the Booster, removed the frunk, had to remove and replace the Supercharger coolant reservoir and while they were at it, I had them replace the original battery. I did not have enough time to get an alternative battery so I went with the OEM. I haven't had a chance to really test the brakes yet, just a gentle drive home, which was about 45 miles from the Shop. I'll be heading back to the track at the end of August, so I'll have some real results to post. Also, got a new set of Pirelli Trofeo R's on O.Z. rims to try at the track. I'm looking forward to it. In the meantime, going to enjoy the car and get it out as much as possible.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts