Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have managed to cook my standard brakes quite well during road driving (I have to admit this is done in the mountains of Wales) but having to put up with a juddery pedal drives me mad. Audi say they wont replace them under warranty, which to be honest is pretty poor - in my view not actually fit for purpose.

So, I thought why not upgrade to Audi ceramics all round? A price tag of £13,000 ($17,000) and Audi said they wouldn't support the retro fit under any warranty - unbelievable!

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
That sounds unbelievable - was it just the dealer who told you this or did you speak with audi direct?

I can't see how the ceramic brakes would not be covered under the sale of goods act or how audi could show that an audi product designed for your car (the brakes) negatively affected another audi product (the car) to avoid paying out for any other repair under your normal new car warranty.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The Sale of Goods Act excludes fair wear and tear. If you believe you cooked them because they were substandard or unfit for purpose, you have a case.

If you were in exceptional circumstances and needed to use them excessively, its unfortunately down to you.

I would certainly argue the toss for ceramics and warranty, but then it is an "aftermarket" add on not a factory fit..........

Take this up with the R8 Team at Audi. Personally, I've found them very good indeed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a £6k retro to a RS4, up from the option price of £4.5k AND I have just had through my door a Audi leaflet .. it says 'our Promise' then Audi Genuine parts, including a 2-year parts and labour warranty (excluding wear and tear)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The Sale of Goods Act excludes fair wear and tear. If you believe you cooked them because they were substandard or unfit for purpose, you have a case.
I might have misunderstood - I read it that audi wouldn't cover the ceramic brakes after they were fitted rather than replacing the standards with ceramics under warranty because the standards weren't coping.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Juddery pedal = pad deposition.

Hire a shop to shave the discs withing tolerance and get a set of GOOD pads - Pagids - then bed them in properly and you should never, ever have a problem again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMO skimming discs has never worked (tried twice) - is it definately the discs that have gone ? Try changing the pads 1st.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts