Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I decided to take a punt on some cheap Carbon mirrors off eBay - for $250 I wasn't too concerned if they were rubbish. They actually arrived and were much better than expected.. The mounting holes were all there too. The indicator strip was a very snug fit though. Other than that well worth it imo for the price.

20190729_180939.jpg

20190729_180959.jpg

20190730_215004.jpg

20190730_213424.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks sharp. I did this with one of my prior R8's and the first set was WAY off. Holes did not line up and the blinker strip would not fit at all. Sent them back and purchased a different brand (same price point) and they fit perfect. Just like these, the blinker strip was tight, but they fit and worked as designed.

Nice work!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks sharp. I did this with one of my prior R8's and the first set was WAY off. Holes did not line up and the blinker strip would not fit at all. Sent them back and purchased a different brand (same price point) and they fit perfect. Just like these, the blinker strip was tight, but they fit and worked as designed.

Nice work!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone here know whether the “fold in” feature is preserved in 14’ and later models? I would love to update CF mirrors, but had heard thru the grapevine this functionality is lost when replacing the OEM with aftermarket

Hi,

I decided to take a punt on some cheap Carbon mirrors off eBay - for $250 I wasn't too concerned if they were rubbish. They actually arrived and were much better than expected.. The mounting holes were all there too. The indicator strip was a very snug fit though. Other than that well worth it imo for the price.

View attachment 239032

View attachment 239034

View attachment 239036

View attachment 239038

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thinking about getting these. How much work is it to replace the covers. Do you have to remove the door cards?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took me about an hour on one side and 20 mins on the other. I was just being careful. There's a good diy on this site somewhere, I just did a search. The door card doesn't have to come off, it's actually straight forward!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does the weave compare to the side blades? Is is a good match for colour as well? Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts