Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would'nt a transparent cover be nice for the air box,even the stock filters look good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Harrison,

my PPI filtert kit should be with me in the next week or so, i think the PPI airbox looks great and really shows off the red filters but its soooo expensive for what it is. Do you know of any cheaper alternatives on the market bearing in mind i already have the carbon cover, loved the video by the way, very professional.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the props on the video!! I havn't seen any other air boxes with windows.I may try to put windows in my box...But a totally clear box top would be even better (for Me). I can see it now...maybe Audi will do this soon ,cuz they should be one step ahead of us since they pay their designers well.It SHOULD be much less expensive than in carbon fibre !! You can really hear the air filters in the video because the microphone was inside the engine bay most of the video. Next time a microphone will be placed outside veh.between exhaust !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try PPI. OEM gets their stuff from them.(some stuff).

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Yeah, I dropped Sener an email. Thanks harrison

·
Administrator
6,212 Posts
My new filters look so cool I'm almost tempted to blow the money for that cover

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah ,:)its a shame to hide such an awesome kit !! :) If I get my hands on another lid ,it should be easy to add the windows. But remember ,the box does pick up debris !!:)

·
Administrator
6,212 Posts
But remember ,the box does pick up debris !!:)
Yep, I thought about you posting that when I took off the cover and saw sand and small gravel

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Simple enough to clean. I'm ordering carbon for the engine bay now and will try to source the PPI airbox

·
Administrator
6,212 Posts
Simple enough to clean. I'm ordering carbon for the engine bay now and will try to source the PPI airbox
Maybe if enough of us wanted the air box cover we could get a group buy price?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PPI carbon lid w/ windows a bit pricey still. Any other sources?? Just the lid can be seen in bay. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im very interested in a group buy on the PPI carbon airbox cover, i already have the PPI filter kit and would love the new lid to show them off. Sener already offered me 20% discount but its still working out at £1800, thats just too much for a replacement lid, such a shame.

·
Administrator
6,212 Posts
Well, this makes two of us... any more takers?
Maybe we should ask on Quattroworld R8 forum? :) I knew as soon as I posted about the EVOMS V-Flow I would get dumb comments and I'm sure more coming. Just like when I spent $1,600 for the Gruppe M Carbon Fiber intake for my RS4. Thats why I like it here, I think we all know we're a little nuts about what we spend on our cars but it's what we want to do and don't need to hear the dumb comments

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Maybe we should ask on Quattroworld R8 forum? :) I knew as soon as I posted about the EVOMS V-Flow I would get dumb comments and I'm sure more coming. Just like when I spent $1,600 for the Gruppe M Carbon Fiber intake for my RS4. Thats why I like it here, I think we all know we're a little nuts about what we spend on our cars but it's what we want to do and don't need to hear the dumb comments
It's just so childish, there and at the vortex. People act like they're still in H.S. I guess here is better because most of us are current or future owners, while the guys there only mosey in when bored to make random posts.

As for this, I doubt we'd get a discount with less than 5-10 people, but at the very least, my constant pestering might get us a contact for ordering.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Everyone,

A customer of ours tipped us off to this thread and I was thinking we may be able to help the R8Talk community as we are R8 enthusiasts ourselves (although not quite yet owners).

If we can get maybe 5-10 people interested, we can manufacture carbon fiber airbox lids that are of equal or superior quality to the PPI ones with the lexan windows at a greatly reduced cost to what PPI charges. Our company specializes in the manufacture of high end cabon fiber and do a lot for the automotive and aerospace industries. As such we are well preppared to make a part that is up to the quality standards of the R8.

So who may be interested? I'll monitor this post and give whatever info I can.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Hi Everyone,

A customer of ours tipped us off to this thread and I was thinking we may be able to help the R8Talk community as we are R8 enthusiasts ourselves (although not quite yet owners).

If we can get maybe 5-10 people interested, we can manufacture carbon fiber airbox lids that are of equal or superior quality to the PPI ones with the lexan windows at a greatly reduced cost to what PPI charges. Our company specializes in the manufacture of high end cabon fiber and do a lot for the automotive and aerospace industries. As such we are well preppared to make a part that is up to the quality standards of the R8.

I actually just spoke with a local company, but if you are the same Carbonio that does the CAIs then I'm down.

Though, will this carbon fiber be heat-resistant? The CAI I have on my GLI actually yellowed over time (hasn't even been 3 years, and the engine likely doesn't get anywhere as hot as the R8)

If we're starting a list though, I'll start a new thread so we can get a list going

*edit* here's the thread: http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27901#post27901

Can we get some pricing info?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Please PM me cost and details.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts