Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have experienced a clutch squeak on/off for a few months and now it is consistent. Occurs when depressing or releasing.

2012 V10, 17k miles, original clutch

Pedal is smooth, engagement feels normal, no other shifting issues.

Thoughts/places to start investigating?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not listened from near the pedal to isolate but it would appear to be from the pedal area or right above. At first I thought it was type of shoes but now it is any type.

If it matters, this car does sit a fair amount for weeks or a month or so at times, so if anything were to dry out from lack of use (bushing, for example), that might be a contributing factor.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagnosis from dealer so far is the master cylinder is the likely cause of the squeaky noise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was my line of thinking. You could try lubing the pedal pivot with some wd40 or similar and see if that has any effect
Car still at dealer and it may not be master cylinder at the moment. Where exactly are the points for lubrication? Before I took it there, I looked up above the pedal but there is a cover I believe so presume the portion of which you are speaking is up above that area near the bottom of the dashboard?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I haven't accessed it myself but would imagine that there are some trim pieces under the dashboard as you suggest that would need removing to gain access to the pedals. Apart from a pivot point, the clutch pedal also has a spring bedind it. I would think that either of these has the potential to squeak if dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts