Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good suggestions (but not over pricey) coliovers? Currently have H and R springs, but sits a bit low scratching on the driveway. Consider going back to OEM shocks, but seeing if there are other aftermarket coilovers that are worth trying out and sits a bit lower than OEM.

·
Vendor
1,779 Posts
We will smash any dealer price on any OEM magnetic ride shocks or other! PM us with your VIN. Shocks in stock and ready to go!

In general, Your options are:

a) Replace with OEM magnetic ride shock. Dual rate dampers.
b) OEM standard non-magnetic ride shocks - more reliable and durable than magnetic ride shocks. Fixed rate dampers. (Germany)
c) OEM V10 Plus shocks - raises ride height very slightly at the rear in order to better utilize the front tires. More reliable and durable than magnetic ride shocks. Fixed rate dampers. (Germany)
d) OEM GT Coilovers, height adjustable (Germany)
e) Bilstein Clubsport height, 10-way adjustable (Germany)
f) PSi Raceline Ohlins TTX Coilovers (Sweden)

g) Other aftermarket - such as JRZ (Jan R Zuidijk - Netherlands) or BC Racing (Bor-Chuann Racing, Taiwan)

We can supply a-f. We do not supply JRZ or Bor Chuann Racing.
For options b-f, you will also need to install a magnetic ride delete kit which we can supply.

Please PM us with your VIN and we can provide you with personalized advice and will work out a good deal that's right for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bor Chuann Coilovers look great but ride like a pogo stick.... Had some fitted to one of my old cars never making that mistake again buy cheap buy twice !!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Reviving an old thread. What options out there for the sensor delete? I would assume options b) to f) all require a sensor delete.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Reviving an old thread. What options out there for the sensor delete? I would assume options b) to f) all require a sensor delete.
Absolutely NO reason to pay so much for delete modules when you can make them (or have them made) very easily & cheaply:-

From g60renshaw on this forum:- Project R8 Clubsport....... two years in

Start at page 5 - post 90. Save $350+

Reactions: Grill
1 - 12 of 12 Posts