Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am having trouble choosing the colour for my car..
I originally have chosen phantom black with oxygen silver sideblades.
I saw one on Regent Street London on the weekend (was that anyone here?) and not sure if the contrast is for me?!

I am now thinking of having it phantom black with body coloured side blades.
Has anyone got this or have a picture of it?
If any of you have body coloured side blades in a darker colour please post pictures as this would greatly help with my decision.

Another option is the carbon but I would like to see the black on black pls.

Also for the leather interiors..thats my next issue!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi guys,

I am having trouble choosing the colour for my car..
I originally have chosen phantom black with oxygen silver sideblades.
I saw one on Regent Street London on the weekend (was that anyone here?) and not sure if the contrast is for me?!

I am now thinking of having it phantom black with body coloured side blades.
Has anyone got this or have a picture of it?
If any of you have body coloured side blades in a darker colour please post pictures as this would greatly help with my decision.

Another option is the carbon but I would like to see the black on black pls.

Also for the leather interiors..thats my next issue!
Hope this helps a little, both dark cars with carbon.

IMHO you need to break the side colour in order to shorten the length of car visually. If you have the same colour / finish the back end looks very elongated so I think you need a subtle contrast.

BTW the carbon does make it look even more special, especially if you do the engine bay as well.

Send me you Private e-mail and will send pics of mine to demonstrate my point, unfortunately their memory is too big to post.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My initial choice was black with carbon sigma too. It's good!! However, when I can't be bothered with explaining to the dealer about exclusive color (black/orange with orange stitching on black) I turned 180 degrees.

It is now white with carbon blade, black leather/alcantara inside with grey stitching.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mad dot..looks very nice
In retrospect would you have chosen the carbon instead??
Is that a voodoo doll on the dash?!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi mad dot..looks very nice
In retrospect would you have chosen the carbon instead??
Is that a voodoo doll on the dash?!
No I wouldn't have taken Carbon, not my cup of tea, but each to their own :) That's my daughters old Korn doll. He somehow sneaked his way onto the dash of my old 360, and I've been too scared to leave him out, as it says "Issues" on his back !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts