·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 3 choices in front of me.....

Mugello Blue with Oxygen sideblades and grey leather
Mugello Blue with Carbon sideblades and grey leather
Sepang Blue with Carbon sideblades and black leather

Be interested in what you'd go with as it's doing my head in!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Why not choose a color that is different from any other R8 . Why let Audi dictate. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not choose a color that is different from any other R8 . Why let Audi dictate. :)
Because I'm buying a used one and these are the ones available that interest me. I'll keep for a couple of years and then probably spec a new one with a weird and wonderful interior assuming I love the R8 as much as I think I will!!

The blue/oxygen is one year old, 10K miles and £30K under list so that's v attractive :)

The others ex-demo cars at around £10K off with 1000 miles or so.

·
Registered
772 Posts
for such a big price diff I'd go for the older car - buy a pair of carbon blades if it makes that much diff to you

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
for such a big price diff I'd go for the older car - buy a pair of carbon blades if it makes that much diff to you
Well I'm struggling right now as I think the oxygen looks best with grey interior but I have only seen pics as the dealer is 200 miles away and I hear some people say the oxygen is too reflective and too much of a contrast. Also.. did not realise you can retrofit new sideblades!!! I guess same price as for a new car plus a little labour?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
from that list I'd go sepang/carbon/black, everything else being equal, as sepang is a little brighter than mugello so you get a better contrast.

here's a thread re changing the sideblades that you might find interesting:

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1263

·
Registered
711 Posts
I saw a used Mugello blue in the showroom in Inverness probably over a period of 9 months. The dealer said the colour put off a lot of potential buyers. I think the Sepang blue looks fantastic, but with the silver blades. Sorry!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw a used Mugello blue in the showroom in Inverness probably over a period of 9 months. The dealer said the colour put off a lot of potential buyers. I think the Sepang blue looks fantastic, but with the silver blades. Sorry!
Don't be sorry. This is why I'm in such a bloody quandry ;)

·
Registered
772 Posts
this is so subjective - I think the carbon looks tons better - personally as someone else wrote I'd go for black or grey

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agree it is very subjective. However at a stonking 30% discount that I could not ignore I have today purchased a Mugello Blue with Oxygen Sideblades and Light Grey interior.

One very excited waiter here! Gets delivered next Wed!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
congrats on pushing the button - I'm sure you'll love it :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Steady on old boy.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts