Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is not an exciting thread but I would appreciate and candid advice.

I still have time to change my colour selection and have been debating between Ice Silver with Apollo Silver or Ibis White with Ice Silver. NOTE, carbon sideblades are not an option in the US, for now.

I have owned almost all silver cars in the past. IMO silver shows the car's lines better than any other colour and it is easy to keep clean. I have never owned a white car but I have seen the R8 in white and it is very sharp.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
My white car is stunning, but dirt hardly shows on silver...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have Silver, and I really love the white, however I think white is an aquired taste, so if you are thinking further down the road, then you may find less buyers for a white secondhand car than a silver one, so your residual may be affected.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I'd take white for sheer looks, but silver for practicality. Pity about the carbon as both look even better with cf blades imo.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If its good enough for Ironman......

Someone at my office has taken a photo from a mag and written Ianman over it. :)

Oh and siilver does get dirty

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've never owned a white car until my R8. white on r8 is stunning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The car looks great in any color (except yellow and orange). I choose silver because it's a traditional Audi color. I've seen the car in red w/silver blade... simply stunning... Also stunning is while w/silver blade.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I originally had silver on order then saw it at the Audi track day, it was disappointing. I asked one of the rally drivers there and he said white was his favourite. I bought white with carbon fiber blades, it is amazing. With the white the black trim front and back really contrasts it well. It turns more heads than anything I have ever owned, including my US 911 turbo in arctic silver with aftermarket wheels. But the white is hard to keep clean. Look at the photo shoot on this site from a few days ago, in the UK, it is amazing with the same white and cf blades. Why isn't cF an option in the US?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the many opinions. I only wish they would help me make up my mind. Silver is the default choice for me. I may have to invest in after market or dealer sourced CF blades. In response to Maverick's question, CF was originally an option for the US but was taken off the option list "due to Audi's inability to source enough CF to meet demand." Apparently they still have enough to meet European and Asian demand. My dealer said I can order the CF blades through their parts department (although they have no delivery time frame) but cannot order them with the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts