Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just noticed the online R8 digital brochure/pricelist has re-appeared on the UK site ... I am a little confused ...

The version on the UK website is called Edition 2 and dated 02/07 ... even though I have a printed copy of Edition 2 that is dated 03/07 ... neither of them mentions the 'Tracking Security System' in the list of standard equipment ...

However, the electronic copy of Edition 2 that I downloaded from the Audi UK site in February for my own reference ... is dated 02/07 ... and mentions that as part of the standard equipment ... a 'Tracking Security System' ...

I had an e-mail from my dealer today ... needless to say, some confirmation will be sought over which of the 3 different Edition 2 pricelists is correct ... although it would appear that Audi should now be on at least ... Edition 4 ...

It makes me wonder if Audi are running a secret ... 'Spot The Difference' competition ... :p :p :p

·
Registered
617 Posts
Having just noticed the online R8 digital brochure/pricelist has re-appeared on the UK site ... I am a little confused ...

The version on the UK website is called Edition 2 and dated 02/07 ... even though I have a printed copy of Edition 2 that is dated 03/07 ... neither of them mentions the 'Tracking Security System' in the list of standard equipment ...

However, the electronic copy of Edition 2 that I downloaded from the Audi UK site in February for my own reference ... is dated 02/07 ... and mentions that as part of the standard equipment ... a 'Tracking Security System' ...

I had an e-mail from my dealer today ... needless to say, some confirmation will be sought over which of the 3 different Edition 2 pricelists is correct ... although it would appear that Audi should now be on at least ... Edition 4 ...

It makes me wonder if Audi are running a secret ... 'Spot The Difference' competition ... :p :p :p

Now that Ford have sold Aston Martin, they should have purchased Audi...... Why???

To overcome Audi's inept marketing they could have produced the original Model R type in black only and just one complete specification.

Simple nothing for us to choose and bitch about, better still nothing for them to get into a complete marketing mess about :D :confused: :D :confused:

Sometime think that old John Henry was way ahead of his time, don't give the customer any choices :p :p :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
Now that Ford have sold Aston Martin, they should have purchased Audi...... Why???

To overcome Audi's inept marketing they could have produced the original Model R type in black only and just one complete specification.

Simple nothing for us to choose and bitch about, better still nothing for them to get into a complete marketing mess about :D :confused: :D :confused:

Sometime think that old John Henry was way ahead of his time, don't give the customer any choices :p :p :p
True, but if you still believe that Henry Ford *really* offered "Any colour, as long as it is black." you've mistaken.

Urban myth, as far as I'm aware...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts