Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I am new to the site and a long time R8 Lover. I am currently working on converting a 2009 V8 to a V10. Not looking to get famous or anything, just love wrenching and thought some would like to watch the conversion. I searched all over the internet and couldn't find anyone else who has attempted this before. If I'm wrong I do apologize. Looking forward to any feedback and or encouragement during this project. Hope everyone enjoys the videos and stays healthy out there during this tough time!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Subscribed and very excited to see you take on this project. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Hi Dave, I'm well thanks. Just been busy with work and family so haven't been actively posting but I do try to catch up daily on all the informative posts here.

Hope you are well too. Stay safe, and stay home guys! (y)

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Glad you made it over here.
Good luck again. I look forward to the new videos!

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's an ambitious undertaking, but it looks like you're up for the challenge. I was going to suggest that while it is apart, that you should upgrade the stock V10 exhaust. I can't say for sure if that may have been done already. Sounded a little louder than stock, but you'll find out once it's apart. Good Luck with your adventure and keep us posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Realistically it’s a straightforward project, just bolting back in as it’ll all fit because it’s made to fit.
Though I’d say it’s going to be a mission to do it.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Interesting project. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
Best of luck with the project and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
interesting...wishing you all the best with this project. i would love to see the outcome and hopefully it'll be a success.

·
Registered
184 Posts
GL dude!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome to the R8 Forum. Nice to have you on board especially since you are taking on a really cool and very interesting project. I'll be watching with keen interest.

One thing I'd love to know is have you examined the two areas of the R8 frame known to "crack" or "tear" on these early cars due to impacts. (recalling SAMCRAC'S car) I'm curious to see if your car sustained any damage given the accident? Could you show the two areas and what, if anything happened. Your 2nd video refers to the areas which caused your car to be salvaged so I wonder if the prone areas survived intact.

Thanks and good luck on your journey.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts