Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is bit confusing. I have 2020 R8 Performance Quattro. I had low air pressure warning so I filled up air on all tires using the recommended numbers as shown on the door panel. I have Michelin tires and door panel had 48 (Rear)/49 (Front). I pumped it up to match it. The tire pressure warning sign is still on. I later found that the manual says 2 different pressure recommendation (depending on weight). Did I pump too much air? Is it why the warning sign is still ON? Anyone had similar experience?

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
79 Posts
What I find strange, is on the sidewall of the front stock tires they show a max pressure of 50 psi. As soon as the tires get hot, they go way over 50. To get rid of the low tire warning you have to go into the MMI system and reset that the tire pressures are OK.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Those are maximum load pressures. Try 44 front and 36 rear.

·
Registered
2022 Performance RWD
104 Posts
What I find strange, is on the sidewall of the front stock tires they show a max pressure of 50 psi. As soon as the tires get hot, they go way over 50. To get rid of the low tire warning you have to go into the MMI system and reset that the tire pressures are OK.
It should have an option to set it to your current PSI, after you set the "baseline" then it will monitor off that new PSI.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just run 39F/36R as per Scott ahlmans rec for street. I run that and it’s fine. You just gotta rest the pressure under the service menu.

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
780 Posts
Just run 39F/36R as per Scott ahlmans rec for street. I run that and it’s fine. You just gotta rest the pressure under the service menu.
Of note that is for Gen 1's for a good balance between steering, handling and ride on the street. We drop 7-8 psi cold for the track.

The Gen 2's allow and may need a bit more pressure for the 20's (the 20's will build pressure faster also due to less sidewall/air volume). With my handful of Gen 2 customers for our custom Ohlins TTX's we were 1-2 psi (cold) more than these Gen 1 pressures front and rear.

Also of note, it seems anyone trying to run the Gen 2 over ~120 mph will have a low pressure warning if they are much below the door placard pressures.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Of note that is for Gen 1's for a good balance between steering, handling and ride on the street. We drop 7-8 psi cold for the track.

The Gen 2's allow and may need a bit more pressure for the 20's (the 20's will build pressure faster also due to less sidewall/air volume). With my handful of Gen 2 customers for our custom Ohlins TTX's we were 1-2 psi (cold) more than these Gen 1 pressures front and rear.

Also of note, it seems anyone trying to run the Gen 2 over ~120 mph will have a low pressure warning if they are much below the door placard pressures.
so for gen 2 do you think 41F/38R cold is the way to go?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts