Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My white R8 came with oxygen silver side blades and I want to switch them to Carbon Fiber. Anyone knows what the dealers are charging for these??

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
~ $4K - $4.2K. I have seen OEM CF discounts at some Audi dealerships, <$4K at a few sites.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Hey Vincent, I'm near to where you live. Please message me on how much for the extra blades?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Vincent, I'm near to where you live. Please message me on how much for the extra blades?
I just took delivery of my car so the blades are brand new. I paid $1000 as option but the dealer charges about $2K. Make me a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
~ $4K - $4.2K. I have seen OEM CF discounts at some Audi dealerships, <$4K at a few sites.
Anyone know what is a fair price to pay for them, installed? This might be a dumb question, Audi told me they can get me the CF side blade(they are made here, I am not an experts on CF, will the side blades I get from here match the interior CF trim from the factory?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Anyone know what is a fair price to pay for them, installed? This might be a dumb question, Audi told me they can get me the CF side blade(they are made here, I am not an experts on CF, will the side blades I get from here match the interior CF trim from the factory?
I got my "factory" CF blades from Audi through the dealership. I paid the "catalog" price (it was around $4k) and my dealer did the installation at no charge. The "Audi" supplied blades came wrapped in cloth bags and were boxed with Audi logos all over the bags and boxes. I noted that they were actually fabricated by Fischer in Austria (same company that makes skis). They look great.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if they are made in the US but only take the dealer 2 days to get them and they quoted me 2-3 hrs labor for installation.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got my "factory" CF blades from Audi through the dealership. I paid the "catalog" price (it was around $4k) and my dealer did the installation at no charge. The "Audi" supplied blades came wrapped in cloth bags and were boxed with Audi logos all over the bags and boxes. I noted that they were actually fabricated by Fischer in Austria (same company that makes skis). They look great.
$4K? I was quoted around $2.5K, but to be confirm.... pls do not tell me that is just one side. But that would make any sense to give e a price for one piece... they told me they get them out f LA... did you have the blade ship directly to you?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure if they are made in the US but only take the dealer 2 days to get them and they quoted me 2-3 hrs labor for installation.
Do u mind sharing the cost info? I am considering it, but do not want to pay a fortune for it.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I just too possession of my Silver with CF side blades. Dealer price on new car was $2300. Total package with inside and engine compartment and side blades was $8400.00. This is from the factory.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just too possession of my Silver with CF side blades. Dealer price on new car was $2300. Total package with inside and engine compartment and side blades was $8400.00. This is from the factory.
What color is your R8?
Did the CF pattern matched well between all the pieces?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
$4K? I was quoted around $2.5K, but to be confirm.... pls do not tell me that is just one side. But that would make any sense to give e a price for one piece... they told me they get them out f LA... did you have the blade ship directly to you?
I just called the dealer to check for you. List price is $2177.59 EACH

1 - 20 of 29 Posts