Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello fellas I was wondering if someone knows what is the typical cost of brake jobs in our V10 pluses, a dealer in Miami quoted me 7,000 for all 4 ceramic rotors and pads, does this sound correct? I have already 13,000 miles on the car and why is that already have to change rotors and pads? Any suggestions for a trusted indi that I can go?
Appreciated guys from beautiful Florida,
I got a 15 minute sales pitch complete with horror stories in the finance dept.when signing the papers on my V10+ he went on to explain that an Audi care plan will pay for brake jobs as needed. I think it was like $50 a month added to my payment (maybe less) To anyone who intends on purchasing/leasing a new R8 should consider the Audi care plan. I have it and therefore sleep well at night. It also covers other wear and tear items as well. $20K is almost a down payment on a new R8... geez.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The stock ccb rotors on the front are 380mm x 38mm. I havent found a steel rotor yet that matches those dims except for the rotors off of a Porsche Cayenne. Was curious if you could buy the rotors for a Cayenne and switch the hat over to an Audi specific hat and use them on the R8 with CCB’s. Not sure if the bolt spacing on the hats and rotors are a standard spacing. SGL Brembo makes the brakes for both Porsche and Audi.

Or does somebody know what aftermarket steel rotor works on these car? Someone said Gyro disc. But if the width of the rotor isn’t the same does that mean you have to buy a thicker pad? Don’t know enough about brakes to fully understand what works and what doesn’t.

I did see that you can buy CCB rotors for the lamborghini gallardo for around $3800 a set. Do they fit?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts