Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wonder if this shows yet another show car ... trimed in a manner not available in early production cars ... if at all :(

I'm referring to the monospoto ... the car is trimed with carbon inlays ... and the monospoto appears to be in carbon as well ... however, it is not carbon across the top ... only up to the level of the dash ... the top of the monospoto appears to be in something like micrometallic grey.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I wonder if this shows yet another show car ... trimed in a manner not available in early production cars ... if at all :(

I'm referring to the monospoto ... the car is trimed with carbon inlays ... and the monospoto appears to be in carbon as well ... however, it is not carbon across the top ... only up to the level of the dash ... the top of the monospoto appears to be in something like micrometallic grey.
Well, bad thing is there could be some changes in specs(interior wise)... When my friend told me that today I was almost shocked!:eek:

BTW, as you mentioned upper monoposto is Micrometallic Grey(as on Navi surroundings) and KNIE PAD is also in Mustang Brown leather.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well, bad thing is there could be some changes in specs(interior wise)... When my friend told me that today I was almost shocked!:eek:
I wonder if that's why Audi have ... removed the link to the online brochure on the UK site ... maybe Alcantara will be available with extended leather ... i.e. we can have alcantara on the seats and door inserts ... maybe we'll even be able to have alcantara on the dash ... :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts

same things was with the Black Audi in VIP section... on top of monoposto is also carbon, but its "dimmed" or "matt" to reduce the windscreen reflections...

remember that NONE of the journalists was talking bout reflections of the monopostso.. THATS WHY! and I believe this is standard with carbon inlays...(as per the VIP Audi guy)
I still took full leather in my spec... again the AUDI guys said that with extended full leather, the monoposto is in micrometallic (imho BS), which is not what i see in the sales brochure... there all is in leather...

communication is key nearly everthing on this planet, and this Audi really has (escuse my french) f'd up with the R8 launch.. BUT at least they got the end product right :D :D :D

and here some; not as good pics, from geneva (sry was not my cam) :eek:
http://www.autospies.com/users/methods/gallery/geneva/184/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts