Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R8 is making a creaking/squeaking noise from the rear suspension. It is audible when I drive at low speed over an uneven surface (probably drowned out by the engine at higher speeds). I had a similar noise several months ago. My dealer's R8 tech diagnosed as coming from the "level control system sensor" in the rear suspension ...apparently it was rubbing against something so he reinstalled it "correctly" and the noise disappeared. Now I hear a similar noise (car is booked in for next week).

Has anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same noise too. but i can't hear it when i am using the Radio or MP3.

irritating problem at times...should i bring in for servicing? how long does it take to fix it?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the same noise too. but i can't hear it when i am using the Radio or MP3.

irritating problem at times...should i bring in for servicing? how long does it take to fix it?
If the cause is the same as mine, yes you should get it repaired since the rubbing also leads to wear on the part. The technician said that it would have had to be replaced if I had not brought it in soon after the noise started.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i tried driving again today with no audio.

the creaking sound is softer than before. maybe it has worn out on the parts..
i am doing 9500 km in mileage so i will send in soon for servicing.

hope your problem is resolved. Other than this creaking noise, i have no issues with my car so far. excellent machine.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diagnosis was a "flipped" mag ride position sensor. Audi TACS suggested replacement of the sensor and bracket. This was done and the mag ride and head-light leveling had to be re-set. Seems fine now!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the same **** noise rear end. I am actually getting sick of car dealers and repairs.

I took mine in for a severe engine rattle at cold start, and cylinder misfire (with a diagnostic print-out of the problem, they said nothing is wrong.

The engine goes "rapidly" between 500-1500 RPM at startup, shaking the entire car. they said nothing is wrong.

I went through the same hell with an AM Vantage. Now I have to go through it again with this car.

what a shame.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same **** noise rear end. I am actually getting sick of car dealers and repairs.

I took mine in for a severe engine rattle at cold start, and cylinder misfire (with a diagnostic print-out of the problem, they said nothing is wrong.

The engine goes "rapidly" between 500-1500 RPM at startup, shaking the entire car. they said nothing is wrong.

I went through the same hell with an AM Vantage. Now I have to go through it again with this car.

what a shame.
I suggest calling the "Audi R8 Advocate Team" if you have not already done so. They were extremely helpful to me. (866) 892-2834

1 - 9 of 9 Posts