Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Z06?
Emira?
Artura?
MC20?
Plaid?
Upcoming M4 CSL?
Something else?
Just kind of curious what the group thinks. Z06 seems pretty interesting to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Off your list I would look at the MC20, I am not a big fan of the C8 vette proportions. If it were me I would be looking at importing a Audi b5 Rs4 or a r34 Skyline. With everything moving towards electric these are the 2 car I would like to enjoy while gas prices are still reasonable. Have you thought about sending your r8 out to sheepy racing and have them build you a twin turbo setup? That’s what I am going to do if I ever get bored of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
626 Posts
I'm keeping my R8 until I can no longer drive it. The question I would be asking is which car in addition to the R8. Currently, my "in addition to" is an S7, but perhaps I'll someday replace the S7 with an eTron GT.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I’m currently seeking a 964 Targa. Want another drivers car, but without a top. And I generally dislike convertibles. This checks all boxes. Difficult to locate however.

From your list, the MC20 intrigues me. I’ve looked into the Emira as well but am backing further and further with each passing day. I’m a big guy (6’-4”, 265), so an Exige doesn’t work for me. If I could fit, that to me, is the ultimate sports car.

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
297 Posts
When I was planning to buy R8, the other cars which were on my list were Huracan (similar but expensive), 911 Turbo S (faster but totally misses the sound which is very important for me), 911 GT3 (awesome sounding, better driving but may not be as good as R8 for daily driving). So I ended up with R8.

The other car I have is Porsche Cayman S which is no where near the speed of R8 but gives so much fun driving and also sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i have a deposit on an emira and trying to locate an m3 competition but neither are replacing my r8 thats for sure!
the z06 and c8 design in general are just barf
i dont get everyone's infatuation with the fpc engine... ford had one in 2016 and no one bought the shelby cobra (except me!)

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
708 Posts
GT2RS

·
Registered
2010 R8 V10 Manual 2008 e92 m3 1999 mustang SVT Cobra 2015 Jetta TDI
299 Posts
depends lower then value of the r8? For sure a E92 M3 6MT has to be on the list Another solid option for a lower price bracket is the C6 Z06 - Timeless Car IMO
Equal value - GT4 RS would be on my list and is of future cars to own 500 HP NA flat 6 in a tiny Cayman???!!! Absolutely crazy!!!
More then the r8- For sure any 911 GT product or a Lamborghini murcielago

·
Registered
805 Posts
Depends on budget. I wouldn't wish a Maserati on my worst enemy.

Performance/Value: C8 Z06/992 GT3
Pricier Options: 765LT/F8 Tributo/992 GT3RS

Emira is amazing but you'll be disappointed with the power unless you frequent the track - then the car will shine and be really worth it. You won't find much that will outperform a C8 Z06 anywhere near it's price range and I actually think that car is gorgeous - I'm on a wait list for one.

I'm a big time Porsche fanboy so I'd immediately lean to this:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
247 Posts
The next cars on my list would be a Targa, a California T (or Portafina), or a DB11. My one complaint about the R8 is that the coupe has the iconic features, but the lack of a sunroof detracts from the coastal driving experience. My next car, in many years from now, will probably be a convertible of sorts.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
On your list I own a Plaid and no it's not a replacement for the R8. It's a good supplementation to the R8.

Cars I consider as replacements for my R8 (2017 V10 Plus) down the road are the following...

McLaren 720S
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 812 Superfast

C8 Z06 if you want to have that Ferrari 458 sound with newer tech, better warranty, and better cost of entry. Corvette I've owned multiple in the past they are awesome cars but it's a downgrade in prestige from an R8.

Reactions: Justin R

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ferrari 488 spyder or Lambo Huracan spyder!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts