Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recognise this car or know any history? Put a deposit on it and if checks out intend to buy

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Its a UK registration number but more than that is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Don't know the car but looks like the front wing V10 badge is missing. Could be nothing but you may want to examine the area more closely.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ended up replacing mine after the 1 fell off when I was washing my car after ppf. They used some thick double sided foam tape to reinstall. Doesn't stick like the factory stuff

A lot of times the badges get removed when getting PPF done. I left mine off, haven't put it back on yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There was a red R8 originally for sale at Pescara Cars in West Sussex on SOR basis back in June 2018. Pescara Cars suddenly folded without warning and the R8 along with loads of other high end cars disappeared without a trace. Loads of people including the R8 owner lost their cars and money in the fraud.

A few months later, the red R8 turned up for sale at Castle Motors and it transpired that Pescara Cars sold the red R8 to them on the cheap. The R8 owner found out and alerted the police having reported his car stolen. I understand the police went to visit Castle Motors about the car but decided it was a civil matter. It’s been almost a year since that happened and I don’t know what has happened since. I believe that article was written by the R8 owner.

Not sure if you’re buying the exact same car that was involved? Maybe this car is actually a different R8 but definitely do your due diligence on the car and triple check everything before buying the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers jon, its had a few plate changes according to the history so will run cazana checks on those. If reported stolen it should flag on there

·
Registered
24 Posts
I came close to purchasing an R8 at Castle Motors before I bought my current car, but walked away in the end. I just didn't have a good feeling about them and their warranty was in house only (Don't know if that's the case now). When I was checking, there was some negative reviews online regarding how they handled warranty claims.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its blatantly the same car

I found the original advert for the car...

Pescara International Limited liquidated, phoenix'd and then became Pro-Care UK https://www.procare-uk.com (a detailing company) (Exact same logo too). Same Davis family running it too - except his wife has taken over from Ollie.

Looks like they used the same website to make Pro-Care as it has buried a car sales section still up....

https://procare-uk.com/car-sales/Audi--R8-5.2-FSI-V10/13027.htm. (Note: 13,500 miles)

Even though Castle Motors have removed the advertisement for CV10AGY - their cached listing for it is still available on Car and Classic...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Rlt_6zKfO0IJ:https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1141212+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari

(Interesting to note, the listing says 'Under 14k Miles')

Same exact model - same everything except the V10 badge....

"Just one more thing"

Probably came off when with the 'PPF Paint protection film' stated in listing :D

BOOM!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good Work. If it is the same car, would the HPI check have a marker on it? I suspect that it may not because it is a civil matter.
I suppose the buyer of the car (Potentially the OP here) wouldn't have any comeback, due to him buying from a dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HPI has come back clear. Not stolen and no finance on all the plates its had. If he reported it stolen to the police surely would come up on a check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
HPI has come back clear. Not stolen and no finance on all the plates its had. If he reported it stolen to the police surely would come up on a check.
If the police are stating that it is a civil matter, then I suppose it wouldn't be classed as stolen by the Police.
I have heard about a few companies who have done this type of thing with the SOR,very sad situation for the original owner.

Have you mentioned the above to Castle? Be interesting to hear what they say if it is the same car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts