Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have spoken to Castle Motors, they confirmed what we were thinking, the guy had been too trusting with previous dealer and left them all keys and signed documents before they went bust. Castle paid dealer in honest faith for the car but have had the police and solicitors involved and it’s taken a year to settle out of court, basically they paid the previous owner off. Castle have emailed me copies of legal documents etc
Car sounds immaculate, driving down tomorrow to test drive and Audi are inspecting it first thing Monday.
I hope all this is worth it!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Sounds positive and so long as you can satisfy yourself that no one else can claim title to the car, then just treat it as a 'normal' transaction. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
She really is a beauty! Glad little orphan Annie's going to end up in a new home!

Best of luck with the tomorrow, I'm sure it will be love at first drive!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds positive and so long as you can satisfy yourself that no one else can claim title to the car, then just treat it as a 'normal' transaction. Hope it works out for you.
^^^^^^This, you have done your due dilligence. Looks lovely and hope it all works out for you. It must have been a difficult couple of days. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I looked at this exact same car around 1 year ago at the same garage. It had just under 7k miles on it and was looking for 56k

edit** checked my emails it was the 24th September 2018

·
Registered
363 Posts
^^^^^^This, you have done your due dilligence. Looks lovely and hope it all works out for you. It must have been a difficult couple of days. Keep us updated.
'Due diligence' (sp) has been done by this site and it's community. Not the OP.

It shows the value of the internet and the communal 'knowledge'.

The fact that people come along with further insight shows how useful it can be to come on a public forum when looking for a car that is not exactly 'cheap'.

Without the 'warning bells' the OP would've bought unknowingly and the seller wouldn't have admitted to the 'war wounds' but someone in the future would look at MOT history and think "why only 51 miles in a year?"

As long as the buyer now has the answer to that question in mind then it's fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Spot on lads, community spirit here. Castle sent me a document that settles between them and the guy who owned the car. Hes pursuing pescara for the rest. Like you say without you guys could have bought car non the wiser, (assuming castle didn't declare the situation) come to move it on later and had a nasty surprise. On the way to Cornwall!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
'Due diligence' (sp) has been done by this site and it's community. Not the OP.

It shows the value of the internet and the communal 'knowledge'.

The fact that people come along with further insight shows how useful it can be to come on a public forum when looking for a car that is not exactly 'cheap'.

Without the 'warning bells' the OP would've bought unknowingly and the seller wouldn't have admitted to the 'war wounds' but someone in the future would look at MOT history and think "why only 51 miles in a year?"

As long as the buyer now has the answer to that question in mind th
en it's fine.
I was referring to the OP doing his due dilligence with regards to getting the info./documents off Castle, regarding the situation and settlement to go ahead with the purchase.
The forum and its members knowledge are without doubt priceless.
The lack of mileage wouldn't necessary be too much of a concern for me, I have a Lotus Exige that has only covered about 200 miles over the last two years.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glad to hear that Castle Motors have been honest with you about the car’s history. Congrats on the purchase and look forward to seeing pics under your ownership!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts