Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance but I think I finally found the color I want for my R8 and I don't know if this is what you call, Daytona Grey with Ice Silver sideblades? Please let me know since I will most likely be depositing for the car this sunday. Thanks!

R8-Skycap!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Looks like daytona grey with quartz grey blades.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I think those are the oxygen silver optional extra.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I do not think they are Oxygen Silver as they would then match the fuel cap, these appear to be darker and are probably Quartz Grey.

R8 ENGLAND had originally Oxygen Silver and I remember him says that they were as bright and shiny as the fuel filler cap.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
these appear to be darker and are probably Quartz Grey
they're pics of 2 different cars, the second car blades definitely looks lighter than the quartz grey top pics.

·
Registered
617 Posts
they're pics of 2 different cars, the second car blades definitely looks lighter than the quartz grey top pics.
Same car my friend, look at the backgrounds - both the same. The angle and the lighting can make it very deceiving.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The locations still look different to me - the wall behind the glass is red/orange in the first, and the restroom signage on the wall - but agree that lighting can have strange effects.

The more I look at it, the more I think you're right that it's the same car - even if it is a different location, it looks like the same stand and it'd make sense for it to be the same car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
L3MAN I think you might be right. They really look like the same car and same stage. I think if u look at the wall in the back it shows that they are both the same....Anyway my dealer told me no matter the sideblades he can always order them and switch them out for me. Do you think he uses Exotica-Motorsports? lol Also do you guys think I should take it only if it comes with the right sideblades the first time? Let me know ASAP...thanks guys for all the help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
L3MAN I think you might be right. They really look like the same car and same stage. I think if u look at the wall in the back it shows that they are both the same....Anyway my dealer told me no matter the sideblades he can always order them and switch them out for me. Do you think he uses Exotica-Motorsports? lol Also do you guys think I should take it only if it comes with the right sideblades the first time? Let me know ASAP...thanks guys for all the help.
Make sure you get your choice right first time, why waste the $$$$$ on spare blades. If you think this way you may then decide on carbon which in my opinion is the best combo with Daytona Grey. I will send you a pm re e-mail for pics. Sorry pics too much memory for this site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make sure you get your choice right first time, why waste the $$$$$ on spare blades. If you think this way you may then decide on carbon which in my opinion is the best combo with Daytona Grey. I will send you a pm re e-mail for pics. Sorry pics too much memory for this site.
Thank you L3MAN I have sent you a reply with the e-mail address so shoot those pix over at your convenience. Thanks Again!

Oh! by the way does Audi let you order Carbon Fiber for the interior at all? I saw some pic somewhere with Carbon Fiber interior and it looked beautiful. Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks like the first set of pics and the second one are different places just using the same display booth. The surroundings are totally different. I'm gonna vote on the second one being oxygen silver and the first one quartz grey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts