Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my deposit on a R8 today but still dont know if I shoud go Daytona grey or Ice Silver. I also like the beige interior with black Alcantara head lining and thinking of beige stiching on the black dash and steering wheel if I can get it.
Has any one got images of a Datona grey next to the Ice silver and a car with
beige stiching on black dash.
Also how hard is the Daytona Grey to keep clean?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I personaly think the daytona grey looks better on the r8, for some reason the r8 looks better with darker colors, I guess cause it kinda covers that weird rear quarter of the r8 better ( if that makes any sense :p )

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've seen both next to each other and my Ice Silver with Carbon Sideblades should be here next week. Daytona was nice, but not as nice.......

·
Registered
62 Posts
I prefer daytona, with quartz grey or oxygen silver

u mentioned that u like beige interior, ive seen a daytona grey with beige interior. the combination works extremely well.

just my thoughts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Agree, silver and carbon is a great looking combo in the flesh.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ice and Carbon - You know it makes sense!!! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was planning to order the Daytona Grey and carbon but could not get carbon in the US.

I was able to get an earlier car that had been ordered by someone else but their deal fell through. This car is Ice Silver with Oxygen SBs and I love the color.

I kept my original position on the "list" which is number 7 for my dealer so I may order the Daytona Grey if I can pay extra and get the Carbon SBs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think I will go Daytona Grey with sb the same (daytona grey)
Beige interor with leater black Monoposto and full leather center concel with beige stiching on the concel and steering wheel. Black leather arm rest.
Black mats with beige piping.

The big problem I have is that the car looks so good in just about any colour
its hard to pick.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm a big fan of Daytona personally :cool:

Where did you get that pic? It's from my Dutch R8 dealer in Amsterdam, Netherlands!

I agree Daytona looks better.

·
Registered
772 Posts
good choice, I'm going for Daytona too and take delivery in about a week. I had the same dilemma 6 months ago when I had to finalise my spec, as you say the car looks great in any colour. What decided it for me was when I went to the Audi track day and all 4 colours were parked side by side. The pearlescent grey has much more depth and variation in real life then can be seen in photos.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've seen every exterior color but green, red and blue. The silver looks awesome but I'm staying with the Daytona / carbon since the Daytona has some many different colors in it. The color is amazing... it changes with the light conditions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your opinions on this.

I think it will be Daytona but now after looking at a Daytona with Daytona blades I am more confused.
Has any one got a photo of Daytona with Quartz Grey blades or is the image on this thread quartz gray blades.
With no R8 around it’s hard to just go into Audi and have a look.

·
Registered
617 Posts
SANDMAN,

If you are going for Daytona Grey - seriously consider the carbon blades, they just compliment so well and give that subtle break in the length of the car.

Send me a pm with your e-mail and i will send you pictures, sadly too much memory for this thread / site

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hard to go wrong color-wise with this car. I prefer the silver but even daytona can look stunning with the right wheels and blade color.

·
Registered
439 Posts
With some trepidation, I switched my order from Daytona Gray (which I still like a lot) to black/lava. On those few winter days when the car can be kept clean for more than 10 minutes, it simply looks absolutely EVIL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts