Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a late model 08 with carbon blades. Have about 750 miles in a week and the car has exceeded all expectations. Its a great daily driver. Forgiving comfortable and fun.

About three days after delivery I had the car parked in the bright sun. The amount of emerald green and purple flake in the grey paint is amazing. It really pops out.

Other than that the color combination is very subdued. Not at all flashy and while attractive will not call out for attention.

·
Registered
772 Posts
excellent isn't it, it took me ages to decide on colour but a sunny day at one of Audi's track days last year with most colors side by side convinced me to go for one of the pearl effects - the black is pretty stunning when clean and in bright light also!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Totally agree re Daytona :)

In direct sunlight its awesome and takes less looking after than the phantom black had on my last car :cool:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Arghh! You guys are making my wait even tougher. I have a Daytona Grey on the way - it has been built but I don't know where it is or when it will get here. Comments like this are upping the pain.:eek:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Three months and 3k miles . I 've had nothing but compliments on my color combination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts