Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here in The Netherlands the first cars are deliverd. The importer has two, one silver and one Daytona!

On the dutch AutoRAI there are two: a white one and a black one with standard sideblades.

I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can. Unfortunately they were made with my compact camera

First R8's are arriving here in the second half of May! Mine in June!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think the UK was originally expecting R8s to start arriving in late May to early June ... as I think the UK is about 4 to 6 weeks behind mainland Europe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) ... I suspect the first R8s will not arrive here till July(ish) ... :confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh and! Ceramics can be ordered indeed! And:

Audi Exlusive can be ordered also from now! The wite R8 was completely white inside, with Audi Exclusive labels.

First R8's were initially planned here for begin of May. So they are delayed a week or 2. In the first weeks only 1, sometimes 2 per week are delivered. I'm number 4 on the list :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think the UK was originally expecting R8s to start arriving in late May to early June ... as I think the UK is about 4 to 6 weeks behind mainland Europe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) ... I suspect the first R8s will not arrive here till July(ish) ... :confused:
Hang in their Paul, we should all hopefully know by early next week.

But, I think you could be correct in saying early July, anything sooner would have to be treated as a bonus.

What is bad from a UK point of view is that the release/production details along with final specing will happen just as people go away for Easter. More problems, as I will be away for two weeks just as this all comes to a head. I can see some lengthy long distance e-mails to finalise my spec and details.

Again Audi are not really being fair with their loyal and patient client base:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh and! Ceramics can be ordered indeed! And:

Audi Exlusive can be ordered also from now! The wite R8 was completely white inside, with Audi Exclusive labels.

First R8's were initially planned here for begin of May. So they are delayed a week or 2. In the first weeks only 1, sometimes 2 per week are delivered. I'm number 4 on the list :)
Do you know anything about Belgium? Should be the same, no?
Also what is this Exclusive? Does this mean that you can order your inside and/or outside in every colour you want?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Dealer cars & .........

...Ceramics can be ordered indeed! ... And Audi Exlusive can be ordered also from now! The white R8 was completely white inside, with Audi Exclusive labels.
Fascinating that Exclusive & CC brakes may be available sooner rather than later.....Maybe the Audi Marketing people ARE trolling the 'boards! and listening to us!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know anything about Belgium? Should be the same, no?
Also what is this Exclusive? Does this mean that you can order your inside and/or outside in every colour you want?
What I understood is that Audi tries to equally divide the production capacity over the LHD countries first. So also Belgium should get the first cars as from week 21.

·
Registered
617 Posts
What I understood is that Audi tries to equally divide the production capacity over the LHD countries first. So also Belgium should get the first cars as from week 21.

Is this not a form of discrimination to the RHD markets :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe so, but at least we get the added benefit of not being Belgian. :p
Harsh, I don't think that Lemme will like that.

But they do make great chocolates

As for the Swiss - can't get enough od those cuckoo clocks either but they also make good chocolate :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Harsh, I don't think that Lemme will like that.

But they do make great chocolates

As for the Swiss - can't get enough od those cuckoo clocks either but they also make good chocolate :D :D :D :D :D :D
And we make good cheese :)

And I heard the R8 in person wooooooohoooooo. The importer started it for me, what a sound!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
And we make good cheese :)

And I heard the R8 in person wooooooohoooooo. The importer started it for me, what a sound!!!

Give you that one, your cheese is good.

How many o's in wooooooohoooooooo, don't think you had enough:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Give you that one, your cheese is good.

How many o's in wooooooohoooooooo, don't think you had enough:) :) :) :)
LOL, The sound was better than I expected!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hang in their Paul, we should all hopefully know by early next week.

But, I think you could be correct in saying early July, anything sooner would have to be treated as a bonus.

What is bad from a UK point of view is that the release/production details along with final specing will happen just as people go away for Easter. More problems, as I will be away for two weeks just as this all comes to a head. I can see some lengthy long distance e-mails to finalise my spec and details.

Again Audi are not really being fair with their loyal and patient client base:mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't go on holiday! :):)

·
Registered
564 Posts
my dealer just confirmed to me production is due end june and i will receive the car beginning of july.. week..ehm something.. far away... dont even want to count... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts