Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My German dealer is suggesting that my white R8 - to be delivered on Wednesday - be treated with what he calls "Nano Lackversieglung" (nano paint sealer).

The cost would be EUR 500 (close to USD 800 nowadays).

I couldn't find anything informative on the net. Does anyone have experience with nano paint sealer?

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry, in my view its a load of rubbish.........

Nothing more than a very thin film of sealant coat sprayed on at a very high margin for the dealer !

It will give intial protection against bird droppings and salt spray. But it will wear off, and it gives no protection at all against stone chips.

You are better off spending twice that and getting the paintshield film which will literally last for years giving continuous protection (no compaints after having it on an RS4 for 5 years).

See other threads on the forum on paintshield film.

·
Registered
274 Posts
agree with r8 england...
not only is it rubbish, but as soon as you need to do a polishing (to remove swirls) you will remove any product that they put on the car.
spend your money on some really good detail supplies. for that much money you can have enough supplies to keep your car looking brand new for many years !!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I agree too, its rubbish!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going to have Zymol Royale applied to the car @ a cost of £450...but well worth it. It needs one top up per annum and you just need to wash the car with water to maintain the shine. This is 10 times better than the autoglym treatment offered by the uk dealers....

A friend of mine has just purchased a 599 and the dealer had the car protected -- it looks out of this world....

This is reccomended by a number of prestige marks - ferrari, lambo etc. and I can only reccomend this to R8 owners.

Will post some pics if a couple of weeks time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure which product they are using, but there are some incredible newer Nano products on the market, and they work. I'm not sure if it's the same that we offer, but I would do your research on the product before you buy.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts