Heated seats
CD autochanger
GSM Phone Prep
Light Package
Auto Dim Rear mirror
Advanced Parking
Pedal Upgrade
About £86k if memory serves

Ordered June 04 - Del early Sept must be one of the first UK cars?

What is consensus from you guys, do you think we are talking 0 depreciation in early months? Be nice to think that was true for a change instead of the £54k dropped on my 911! - over 8 years to be fair but still never stopped dropping.

Maybe worth having some fun and getting out early on, what do you guys think.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You will get premium over list for a while may be up to 10mths. With the reports on Evo and the like there will be more punters after one than there are available

·
Registered
782 Posts
My S4 dropped 55% in value in 3 years time :/ I got used to it ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
When people who want a R8 order NOW, and cannot get delivery before 2009, I can imagin, that even when I have my car for a year in July 2008, I could still sell it to the same price, possibly even higher... (if no major damage to it on interior or exterior)...

dont you guys think that aswell??

of course at the moment I would not even think of selling my baby.. but its good to know that its a desired car.. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think so too Chris. I don't think it will make a difference on the long term. I think I'll drive the R8 for the next 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Oldmanracing,

No, not one of the first UK cars. Your order is 2 months ahead of mine (Aug 04) and I am September delivery as well.

First UK deliveries will be July. Audi have confirmed to me that they have had enquiries/orders going back to 2002 !!!

(probably some were speculative as the Le Mans concept car was not shown till 2003?)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gave my order in May 04 - delivery confirmed as end July / 1st week of August.

With regard depreciation, prices will hold their own until the V10 / R10 arrives than we should see a small drop in values. I think we will have a minimum of 12 months but probably 18 months beofre this will happen.

If you keep the car in 100% condition with moderate mileage say 8000 miles for 12 months, I think you will get your money back with ease but no premium.

If you use for 6 months and sell, a £5k premium could be possible, or 1 - 2 months could possibly make a £10k premium.

All the the above is my own take on the price market, we will all just have to wait and see. Personally if I can get to a V10 and not loose too much, I would sign up and settle for this now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would like to have the V10 aswell, but I've to get used to the design. I hope the blades will be more subtle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gave my order in May 04 - delivery confirmed as end July / 1st week of August.

With regard depreciation, prices will hold their own until the V10 / R10 arrives than we should see a small drop in values. I think we will have a minimum of 12 months but probably 18 months beofre this will happen.

If you keep the car in 100% condition with moderate mileage say 8000 miles for 12 months, I think you will get your money back with ease but no premium.

If you use for 6 months and sell, a £5k premium could be possible, or 1 - 2 months could possibly make a £10k premium.

All the the above is my own take on the price market, we will all just have to wait and see. Personally if I can get to a V10 and not loose too much, I would sign up and settle for this now.

Bit of confusion here - your order date on the original thread giving original order / specification / arrival date was May 2005 putting you fifth on the thread - if it was 2004 it would have put you second with only Dietrichate with a prior order ???? :confused:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Bit of confusion here - your order date on the original thread giving original order / specification / arrival date was May 2005 putting you fifth on the thread - if it was 2004 it would have put you second with only Dietrichate with a prior order ???? :confused:
May 04, I gave a letter of intent to order with my dealer
May 05, I signed an offical Audi dealership order form and they took my initial deposit at this time.

Sorry for the confusion, but nothing has been straightforward as yet !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm expecting to pick up my new R8 in the next month so am 'going over the numbers' again. Would be interested to get an up to date view of how you all think the car will depreciate now we're at the end of 2008 (and with everything else that's happening)? I've never owned a car like this before so I'm used to cars that depreciate by around 50% over 3 years with average mileage (10-12k miles pa). It will be a second car but I expect to drive it whenever I can.

Does anyone think the R8 will perform better (or worse) than that? I assume the usual rule with regards to options applies (ie they're worth pretty much nothing the moment you drive away from the dealer)? Hmmm, so why did I go for so much from the options list... :eek:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I have a scheduled build date of 11/15 and while finalizing the build sheet, I asked the finance guys run a couple AFS lease estimates. The 24 month has a residual of $72,390, the 36 month has a residual of $62,230. That's 57% and 49% respectively. I'm not a banker of financial wizard but IMO, these are not accurate numbers because;

1. The current demand - MY 09 is sold out and 08 cars are still selling for MSRP+.
2. Anticipated V12.
3. Limited production - and all the Henny Pennys that think Porsche will terminate the R8 program and make it a REALLY LIMITED PRODUCITON.
4. The market can not determine the R8's current pre-owned value (not available in KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc - the MY 07 Ferrari F430 is listed though!).

The R8 defies categorization and probably will for some time to come.

I'll step down now...

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a scheduled build date of 11/15 and while finalizing the build sheet, I asked the finance guys run a couple AFS lease estimates. The 24 month has a residual of $72,390, the 36 month has a residual of $62,230. That's 57% and 49% respectively. I'm not a banker of financial wizard but IMO, these are not accurate numbers because;

1. The current demand - MY 09 is sold out and 08 cars are still selling for MSRP+.
2. Anticipated V12.
3. Limited production - and all the Henny Pennys that think Porsche will terminate the R8 program and make it a REALLY LIMITED PRODUCITON.
4. The market can not determine the R8's current pre-owned value (not available in KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc - the MY 07 Ferrari F430 is listed though!).

The R8 defies categorization and probably will for some time to come.

I'll step down now...
It will be interesting to see current economy will impact the R8 price in the US. I checked with a private sellers from ebay about a month ago, he wanted $25K over MSRP, it was an 09 with only few miles on it. My guess is he is flipping the car. I just checked ebay yesterday, there are a lot more there compare to three months ago. I was told the 2 “used” R8 sold a month ago were $160(about 3K miles) and 170(delivery miles). Not knowing the specific options, these numbers are still way over msrp. I am expecting my car next yr. My plan is to keep it for 2, 3 yrs max. But if the r8 program is killed, it could become a collector cars? I do hope the value holds up. You mind pm me to share wut the lease payment is per month?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The UK market is severley depressed at the moment for any used luxury/sports car and the R8 , although perhaps holding up better than most, is not immune

I took delivery of mine 4 weeks ago and the Franchised Dealer had a slightly lower spec' model in my colour ,5 months old , 2500 miles for £84995K (almost exectly the same as new list price)

3 weeks ago it dropped to £82495K , then £79995 , then £77495 and still hasn't moved at £75995:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
The UK market is severley depressed at the moment for any used luxury/sports car and the R8 , although perhaps holding up better than most, is not immune

I took delivery of mine 4 weeks ago and the Franchised Dealer had a slightly lower spec' model in my colour ,5 months old , 2500 miles for £84995K (almost exectly the same as new list price)

3 weeks ago it dropped to £82495K , then £79995 , then £77495 and still hasn't moved at £75995:(
That's what I think I'm seeing in the UK too. I don't see evidence of cars changing hands for a premium any longer, and depreciation seems to be moving towards a more typical profile. The low mileage/ newer cars I have seen advertised for sale tend to be pitched closed to the basic list price without options (which on my car would come to the best part of a £15k drop in value). The very fact that there are cars on dealer forecourts waiting for a buyer suggests the market has figured out the value and the car will inevitably move in that direction. It won't stop me buying the car given I don't see it as an investment (even in the early days I can think of more reliable ways to make money) but I'm just trying to take a prudent view of what might happen to its value in the longer term.

And now I feel like I'm depressing everyone.... :eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts

that is sad...

·
Registered
485 Posts

I know this is off topic here, did you look into the 09 Vantage too before deciding on the R8. That is one beautiful car, lots of quality issues. But I still think that is the most beautiful car to look at on the road. They have a hard time selling the vantage over here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You ain't going to see premiums for a long time (maybe V10 initially) especially when dealers are offering £5k off new ones (albeit a cancelled order).

A month ago there were only a handful under £70k, there are at least 15 now on Autotrader in the 60's.

IMVHO - they should of originally been priced at £60k.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts