Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've just taken delivery 3 day's ago R8 in Australia, ordered Exterior Mirrors-dim&fold ? they don't dim or fold ! dealer thinks it's a software problem ?, I dont think they are dim& fold any one have idea's of differance in look's, also front sensors do they come up on the screen as rear with out camera or just beep !.

Thank you

·
Registered
943 Posts
I didn't even know there were different mirror options. Mine dim and can fold in towards the car. The knob has three switches. One for selecting which mirror to control and one to fold the mirrors in.

As for parking sensors, they beep. Nothing comes up on the screen, as the camera is only in the rear and there is no need for a rear view if you are driving forward.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I 've just taken delivery 3 day's ago R8 in Australia, ordered Exterior Mirrors-dim&fold ? they don't dim or fold ! dealer thinks it's a software problem ?, I dont think they are dim& fold any one have idea's of differance in look's, also front sensors do they come up on the screen as rear with out camera or just beep !.

Thank you

I have the same problem with mine they dont dim or fold :confused: I just thought that the car came that way

·
Registered
718 Posts
USA. Its probably a standard feature.

In UK it is an extra (chargeable) option. It think it cost me an extra GBP £300.00 or so.

Better check in Oz if the standard spec includes it, or if it is an option, in which case its too late.

·
Registered
65 Posts
USA. Its probably a standard feature.

In UK it is an extra (chargeable) option. It think it cost me an extra GBP £300.00 or so.

Better check in Oz if the standard spec includes it, or if it is an option, in which case its too late.
It's an option in OZ.
If you ordered it I would check that it was fitted.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont think any of the USA cars have folding mirrors...at least mine does not and it was not an option. All my other Audis have had this option, however.

·
Registered
293 Posts
In Korea it's standard. The R8 has many options that other cars have and should have been standard or has been left out entirely. :mad:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine fold, although I have only just realised it was on the car

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ooops, sorry, mine do have the fold away feature. I was thinking of the "auto down" feature when going into reverse that all my other Audi's have that the R8 does not.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's the complaint for most of us the mirror doesn't dip when we reverse.

·
Registered
772 Posts
sorry but not sure mine even fold.

which position do you have the knob to make this happen? I've tried every combination and nothing!

·
Registered
772 Posts
there are 4 marks around the knob :

a line at 12 oclock
left mirror / right mirror symbols at 8 and 4
and a heated mirror symbol at 6.

I have the full auto dim/lights package, car delivered Jan 08.

the knob does not turn to 12 oclock and seems to do nothing at 6 oclock

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
mine turns to 12 o'clock as that is how the mirrors are folded in - I used it today.

the heated/folding mirrors were a separate option though from the autodim rear/light package - they were a £475 option on their own.

·
Registered
347 Posts
note the mirrors will not fold if u have switched off the car, which is a pain. there was many times i had to put th key back in to get the mirrors folded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts